1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help on Buying Punto 90HP EDIT - Now booked!!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by soori, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Hi soori, let me share an incidence with you. I was driving on NH-1 with somewhat around 90-100 Kmph. One BMW 320D tried overtaking me which i didn't allow intuitively.We kept climbing up until the BMW owner thought that we both are going too fast (BMW just starting to inch ahead at that moment, whereas Punto started feeling overstrained). Luckily, he slowed down forfeiting his overtake attempt.Had he continued,he could overtake me eventually as BMW320D is capable of 230-240.
    But man, what a bang for the bucks this Punto is!!
    At that moment, i happened to look at speedo & the needle was hovering at halfway of 180-200 mark. Its Should be somewhere around 188-190. Gosh, the steering almost slipped out of hands & i had to regather myself!! How could i did that without even knowing. That where Punto is simply class apart. Above 125-130, other cars feel like they are getting undressed second by second. They just don't possess the basic stuff for high speeds like exceptional brakes (so powerful that they may cause misalignment had they been in other makes), suspension, superbly balanced Chassis with perfect weight distribution & aerodynamics. Only downside (not for me) is other few makes have slightly better textured dashboard (make it 10% better for i20). But as usual after 2-3 days, interior is put aside & it gets down to "fun to drive factor". Dashboard is very big with huge raked windshield to give an "elongated V" view of the road. It feels like "you are not driving, but taking off. That doesn't stop me driving responsibly but you can have such sort of fun whenever surroundings permit.

Just one fabulous drive..!!
    2 people like this.
  2. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I agree to ENKI.. same incident happened with me but the speed was not that high and there was Vento Petrol not the BMW. :)
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

2011 MJD 90HP have a manual boot. 2012 MJD 90hp still to debut.
    For other 2012 variants, i am not sure if remote boot lid opening is an addition.
  4. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    @ENKI I have noticed that above the speeds of 110 the in cabin noise in my Punto 90hp becomes too much. Its not the engine roar..but strange mixup of road noise and wind noise. Is it the same with you also ? No doubt that the handling still remains crisp and awesome but in cabin noise feels very irritating like woossshhhh....bbhrrrrrr... :(
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Not so much that irritates you. One quick measure you can take is to cover the opening just behind you clutch pedal. That may resolve this issues. The kind of sound your car makes woossshhhh....bbhrrrrrr... is kind of funny.:mrgreen:
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Noise of wind was in my old 75 BHP also.

But this is noticable only when car audio is off
  7. soori

soori

Dubai
    thanks all for your valuable input. what is the size of AC compressor?
    1 person likes this.
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That is a very difficult to answer question for me at least. and never ever such a curiosity arose in me .but no matter cabin cools very quick enough in Punto 90hp and HVAC is very good.
    BTW we can eat the Mango why to count the seeds?
    1 person likes this.
  9. I think it's 110 cc variable
    2 people like this.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

good query. Since it's nice & big to look at, i assumed it must be powerful enough. That exactly like excusing to buy a Punto in my case:mrgreen:

You are just another myself. You excused yourself to buy a Punto:mrgreen:

Kudos!! That was some information::T
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.