1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help on Buying Punto 90HP EDIT - Now booked!!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by soori, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi! soori,

I own an BNW 90HP which has done 23k in 7 months. Average I have got is between 14kmpl to 21kmpl depending on the BTB Mumbai traffic or Mumbai -Vapi/Pune Highways. Bad roads is usually not a problem but, a ramp(inclinations) or huge pot holes can scrape your front bumper you have to carefully negotiate these. I have touched 175kmph, and usually drive around 140kmph on the highways. I need a strong car for my kind of use, hence there is no equivalent to a Punto. There is Air noise & tire noise inside cabin which i feel cannot be helped. Yes there a niggles, but most of the cars/makes we owned had. Hope this helps you. - Kiran
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    My exotica red 90HP has done around 15k kms in 8 months. I am very happy with the vehicle, there are no rattles what so ever while negotiating bad roads except that you need to be a bit careful due to the low ground clearance.

Mileage wise, i notch up 14-16kmpl consistently on Bangalore roads and on highways i have touched up till 23 Kmpl.
  3. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    I have had some MINOR rattles & squeaks in my Punto, post ICE'ing. I have some sounds coming from dashboard as well.My car has run only 11k kms on good roads. If you want a car which does not rattle at all, look at the Polo or Fabia.

But the driving pleasure of Punto is unmatched.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    if you have squeaks post icing then its the installers problem. generally they dont fix the fasteners on the door pads properly.

i have no squeaks or rattles in my car even after icing.

i just had one from the glove box as the hinge on which the glove box swivels i mean the left side hinge which we rotate and remove to take out the glove box, has play.
    i just added a layer of electrical tape and now there is no play so no glove box noise.
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Go for 90 HP with full confidence. Formerly I had own GP 76 BHP.

I sold off it as soon as the warrantee expired. That's the other story.

I was also in doubt about peformance of 90 HP. But when I took TD I booked it without any 2nd thought. I bet you will never regret.
    1 person likes this.
  6. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    @Soori,

Excellent Car , go ahead , will never regret...

==========================

@Bhai ,

that's the spirit .... keep it up .. I liked your approach today.

Atul
  7. soori

soori

Dubai
    Yes, I'm a member in CarWale and GearHeads.

And Thanks everyone for your valuable feedback. I've test driven VW Polo diesel. I felt Punto 90HP much better than Polo. As current drive is i20 petrol, I never felt Punto to be underpowered. With AC on i20 petrol finds very difficult to accelerate even on straight roads forget about incline and 5 people on board.

I've inquired here in Mangalore and I guess they don't have any ready vehicles. So I can't expect discounts. Just keeping my finger crossed and waiting for the launch of 2012 models. If I find no major changes in 2012 Punto other than ground clearance, I am ready to buy the 2011 model. I wouldn't mind if I could find a car in Bangalore/ Mysore with good discounts.

Keeping my finger crossed. Sleepless nights until January 3rd :(. Wondering what offers I could get for i20 Petrol in used market..
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    The dash is a welcome change in the facelift (you can check my thread in FIAT News). Also, since the number of models is being reduced most probably you should not loose money if you opt for 75 BHP Punto. Logic is that Fiat shall be offering upper variant features in lower variant (Active=Dynamic, Dynamic=Emotion, Emotion=Emotion Pack). My guess is that the price of existing variants will increase only by 2% i.e. facelifted active shall have dynamic features with only a 2 % increase in price. How FIAT prices the 90 HP is something that shall be known only on 3rd Jan (I wish that Emotion version carries the 90 HP engine and not the 75 BHP)
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. Hi Soori. I suggest you wait for a couple of days and then you can check the changes as well as get benefit of higher version features in a lower variant as I heard Fiat is rationailsing the variants. You can always buy the 2011 variant after you compare as I am sure there would be old stocks.
  10. soori

soori

Dubai
    I've one more query. How does the boot lock work? In i20 it is remote lock. Even when the car is locked, there is dedicated button in key fob to unlock the boot. The moment you close the door the car will be locked.

I guess punto has a manual lock. So should we get down each time to manually unlock the boot using key?

What is the comfortable crusing speed for Punto 90HP without the engine getting strained or noisy? For instance, i20 1.2 anywhere above 80 feels strained when driven alone.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.