1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help on Buying Punto 90HP EDIT - Now booked!!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by soori, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soori

soori

Dubai
    Hello All,

I'm new to this forum and from Mangalore. I have a 2010 i20 sportz petrol. Planning to sell and purchase Punto 90HP. Reasons are i20 rattles very badly on bad roads, and the monthly runing is above 2000kms.

I'm looking waiting for the launch of new Punto on 2012. However, I don't mind buying the current model. Can any owners tell me how does the car behave in broken tarmacs? Does it rattle? How is the in-cabin sound?

Also, can anyone tell me what discount I can expect on the car? I was offered with free insurance, roadside assistance and 50 months warranty. Apart from it can I expect any cash discounts + corporate discounts?

Please let me the best deals available currently in the market.
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Rattle? what is that? This word doesn't exist in the dictionary of Fiatians!!
  3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Nice to see an I20 owner going for Punto. :). About your choice you can wait till the launch. its just few days from now.

R,
    Vishnu
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    At slow speeds you can definitely feel the tarmac, but you wouldn't hear rattles. My car was rattle free until I opened the door panels for ICE, but I've fixed most of them and few would appear on really bad roads I drive. The cabin isn't as quite as i20, but not definitely very louder. The Punto's ride quality is something you'll appreciate post driving the i20, As it picks up speed the drive flattens which is entirely oppposite to that of i20. Do take an extended test drive before deciding on the car.

Also as per news within Forum the 90 HP might be updated only post March, So it might be a good idea to go with the current 90HP version.
  5. Putno's power steering will not be feather touch as i20's EPS. But, you will notice that Punto's power steering is claibrated to perfection and it will be sweet to drive.

Wishing you many happy miles (whoops, kilometer) with your to-be new car.
  6. soori

soori

Dubai
    I hate the EPS of i20. I took a test drive of punto and I liked the handling and steering feel very much. But couldn't take in bad tarmac. My car is prone with infamous steering rattle issue too. And my mileage usually settles anywhere between 9 to 12 km/l.

Fit and finish of i20 might be good, but I'm sure it's not of good quality. I've replaced the AC vent, and I've one more AC vent broken. :( and whenever I drive on bad roads, the cabin, entire chasis becomes so noisy that even a ICE won't help.

What mileage can I expect if the car is driven with light foot? 75% of my daily drive is highway and I usually do a speed of 60 to 80 km/h.

Between any news for me w.r.t offers?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  7. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Fuel efficiency if driven on highways at the speeds you've mentioned will be around 20-24. I've managed to get about 27 whilst driving like that, but it's very tough to drive the car like that.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  8. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am from Kannur. and driving P90hp since an year.15500km.

mileage would hover around 18kmpl .ie.15.9 in city and 22 on highway.

average speed of 60-80 will get you mileage of 25kmpl or better on highways.
  9. soori

soori

Dubai
    Yes, I agree with you. However, here it's not safe to drive above that speed. Highway is in between towns. Lots of autorickshaw, trucks going in wrong lane, animals passing. It's sad to see atleast 2 to 3 animals like cats and dogs crushed daily in the road.

But as I drive too work daily, I feel to drive slowly to extract maximum mileage. 15 to 20 is good on diesel when my car gives around 9 -13 on petrol.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Soori, welcome to TFI. I think your username sounds familiar. Have you even been on CarWale forum? or BHP?

Drive constantly at a speed of 65-70Kmph and you will get more than 27-28kmpl if you are careful, on flat roads i.e. no uphill or downhill driving.

By the way, 2012 Punto is supposed to have black and beige interiors. i20 or even all other Hyundai cars are known to have the best interiors in their segments. Maybe new 2012 model would be better for you in this aspect. Prices of cars are set to rise in Jan 2012 as per inputs of some members and other sites.

Also it should be noted that new Punto will have higher ground clearance so if you are driving on bad roads, it may be better to go for new Punto so that it does not bottoms while going through some very bad pothole.
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.