1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help in Performance Mods for my T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by sathya_sc, Jan 13, 2012.

1. moksh

moksh Regolare

Mumbai/Germany
    Linea 1.3
    Recently I have Put Race Chip Pro2 and Trust Me dude I LOVED IT
    But for you as you have t jet the product is damn expensive but it will boost you car like horible
    and trust me the difference is visible Race Chip pro2 -Rs 40000
    YOur Car after installing Race Chip Pro 2
    120 HP 154 HP
    206 Nm 262 Nm

The Change IS 28%
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Question to experts - My IAT reads 63 degrees C and the ambient temperature was 27 degrees according to MID. Considering that the IAT will go up due to compression post turbo, will I benefit from a CAI?

TorquePro.jpg

Rajan
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    No expert by any means but - If i make a calculated guess, your IAT's are being monitored by the MAP only, which is post intercooler. So, the IAT's which are showing are the temps which are post intercooler temps and in these situations a cold air intake will not help. A more efficient intercooler / water-air intercooler will bring temps down. But not needed on a stock application at all.

Cheers.
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks Gurjinder. But would 63 degrees be normal, considering that the ambient temp was only 27 degrees? This was in city B2B traffic, if that makes a difference. Planning on testing again on the highway tomorrow.

Rajan
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    No idea about the good/desirable figures.

But B2B traffic would surely result in a lot of heat soak in the intercooler as it's not being blasted by incoming air. When you see that the 27degree air follows a tortuous path to the intake manifold, the temperature rise seems mild. Air filter - Hot turbo - gets compressed (temperature rises even more) - intercooler - MAP.

Try going out on a 10-15km+ highway drive in the cool of the late-night. That should bring out some of the lowest IAT's i reckon. Or cheat a bit and spray the intercooler with water once you get on the highway to really cool the intercooler and get a good IAT in the dead of the night.

A comparison with daytime highway figures would be interesting.

Cheers.
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Am slated for a highway drive tomorrow morning at 3.30 AM. So, should be able to do all of what you have suggested :D. Will post up comparative figures. Do you think insulating the air intake will help keep the IAT lower?

Rajan
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    I don't think so.

On a stocker, it should be fine. Not sure how to do it, but if you could read the knock values in the ECU that can surely tell you if the ECU is detecting knock and pulling timing based on temperature / fuel quality etc etc. If it is, then it would be appropriate to rectify any shortcoming and make it perform atleast as good as the factory intended it to be.

But all of the above is a bit of an overkill on a stocker. This engine will keep performing like this for hundreds of thousands of km's in this state of tune. With good maintenance I don't see any reason why this engine shouldn't cross 2-3 lakh before needing a minor or major overhaul.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  8. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    Bumping thread.
    What's the tentative list of planned mods as of today, OP?
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  9. Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.