1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help in Performance Mods for my T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by sathya_sc, Jan 13, 2012.

1. nareshov

nareshov

Bangalore
    If there's any way we can bring that 32k INR number down, I'd be interested too.
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    A request to the experts. Could somebody please give me some pointers as to a good place to start looking up? I have started the search myself, but there is so much information out there, that it is a daunting task to be able to sort that out.

Please help guys.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I guess the FIATForum UK can come in real handy here.

There were two versions of the 1.4 turbo in the UK. One had 120hp (sounds like the Indian spec tune) and the other 150hp. Those guys will definitely be knowing what exactly were the mechanical differences between those two, if not just the tune. Mechanically, if at all, i would expect both engines to have different turbo and cams. Once you have that data, you only need to compare it with the India spec 1.4 Jet.

If the mechanicals are established to be the same as the 150hp version, then it will just be a matter of adapting the 150hp tune to our Indian 91RON fuel. Tuners in the UK would be quite familiar with the 150hp tune. But getting it to run safely on our fuel would need a lot of datalogging, retune etc etc.

Food for thought...
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Will this kind of boost control help in case of our T-Jets and MJDs?

Boost Control.jpg

The setup is available here. Still learning the ropes, so please excuse, if this setup is not meant for our cars.

Rajan
  5. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    Did you consider consulting Abhishek(Kiirus, Bombay) for once ?
    Or a certain Anoop Kumar, a Kiirus dealer in Bangalore. I guess these guys are open for any kind of query you shoot at them, even if it is for copying a map from a remapped ecu. Try giving it a shot.
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2013
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OK. One doubt cleared - the T-Jet has an intercooler, confirmed by visual inspection. My target is 200 BHP or as close to that number as possible. Of course I am planning on a step by step increase, not a one time thing to get to that number. First step, beefier brakes. What is the point in having that power, but not having the ability to stop?

Questions to experts:

Mechanical changes:

The T-Jet is equipped with Cofap suspensions. Will that do, or should I get stiffer ones?
    The discs are now 284x22 front and 251x10 rear. Will I need bigger discs?
    Should I get a Garret turbo?
    Anyone dabbled with water/meth injection? Should I go for that?

Remapping:

Tune-O-Tronics or Kiirius or Code 6 or Petes?

I have been reading up on DIY tuning, but there is so much to learn and the good equipment is very expensive. DIY is like gambling, you need to know when to stop. As of now, I feel that DIY remapping is not my cup of tea, unless I decide to take it up as a weekend profession.

All pointers welcome.

Rajan

PS: Even if I do get to 200 BHP or more, I will still drive at 90-100, my comfort zone. I will just get there much faster :D
    3 people like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Simple answer would be yes 200 is possible but you will not drive the car for more than a few weeks and after that there will be no car.

I had recently spoken to TOT and a safe and easily achievable map would give you 150 bhp and thats where u want to be anything more than 160 you are in the red line.
    Yes there are many tjets that TOT have remapped. If you need more info pm me for details

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Please elaborate.

Rajan
  9. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Rajan compression ratio is the key, engine can bare that up to certain limit over that, parts start to blow off, starting from manifold onwards. Increasing the turbo size will improve intake and a remap with that can take they up to 160bhp, also at the same time increasing the outflow pipe diameter will give better result. there are many more things on that line.
    1 person likes this.
  10. Rajan,
    I have seen few people getiing the remap done by TOT after they had their inital remaps with Kiiriuss,check out definanative forum for Skoda rapid retotoby tot.