1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help in Performance Mods for my T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by sathya_sc, Jan 13, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I believe the Jet already has an inter-cooler. I am yet to visually verify it, but the plumbing from the turbo goes beneath the radiator on the driver side and emerges out from the other side, from where it goes to the throttle body. Why plumb that way, unless there is an inter-cooler beneath the radiator?

See this pic:

T-Jet intercooler.jpg

Image courtesy - T-BHP.

Rajan
  2. Also an addendum is NGK iridium spark plugs.at Rs 2K+ there will be better acceleration as well reduction engine harshness.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    This is the OE spark plugs. Are the ones you are recommending different?

T-Jet Spark Plugs.JPG

Rajan
  4. Wow it already has iridium plugs, Kudos to FIAT they did not follow the Indian market trends.
  5. bins

bins Amatore

Bangalore
    Sorry to mislead. I was talking about the mjd.(90hp)
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Et tu, Brute?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  7. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India

You serious ? :clap
  8. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    According to the sites of various tuners, NA petrol engines will gain around 9-10% of increase in performance. Where as Turbo engines (Petrol/Diesel) would gain around 10 - 30% max. increase in performace. 20% is a safe bet though.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I know nothing yet. Just started looking for information. Thought of asking here as well, hoping that people who know will share information. Gurjinder has thrown an open challenge to me here :D. Just trying to weigh the requirements and see if it is even possible, I mean DIY. Not because I need more power, but because I need to know if I can do it.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  10. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    I agree with what Gurjinder has said. From Sat's experience, he has got his car tuned for better mid and high range performances. I am looking more at low and high range performance. Mid is quite good for me. But if ToT can provide better performance in all the ranges then that's something worth paying for. Couple of more weeks and I will be speaking to them about all my queries.
    2 people like this.