1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help in Performance Mods for my T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by sathya_sc, Jan 13, 2012.

1. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Thanks SpeedJet. I will contact asap.
  2. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Sathya, Any status update on your performance mods for Tjet?
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Why don't you contact siddharth of tuneotronics
    I got my punto remapped from him ..
    I have a full thread on the experience.
    Take a look at it and PM me if you are interested .from my experience he is the only tuning guy who tunes your car for your needs rather than having a static map flashed into your ECU.
    no other tuner has so far given me this pop opportunity.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    ^FYI Kiirus also does performance ECU remaps customized to user's needs and not a standardized map for every car. Check their website. They quote +26 bhp for the TJet
  5. vanandwiz

vanandwiz Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks theblack & dj.nish...... found that pete's and red rooster provide Air Intake Revision...... also found Kiirus and Race dynamics provide tuning box..... assume both these tuning can be customised to one's driving style or requirement.....
    I was checking with Satya to see if he completed his mods..... wanted to take advice on past experience from Tjet owners.......
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    NO, your idea of customization is wrong.. I've not come across any tuning box that can be customized..
    A Box offering different stages of performance boost is NOT called customization.
  7. johy

johy Amatore

Siliguri
    Sathya, any update? Any T-Jetters gone for stage 1 or 2 performance mods no the T-jets?
  8. sathya_sc

sathya_sc

Chennai
    Sorry guys for the late response.

I have not yet tuned/re-mapped the Jet. Its still stock. But the plans are still very much ON. Just that it is taking some time.
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2012
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Remapping the T-Jet

Starting this discussion to understand remapping, specifically in the T-Jet context better. Here is what a friend based out of UK has to say:

Comparing with the Bravo T-Jet (150PS) be clear about a couple of things:

1) Your T-Jet has a 5-speed gearbox compared to the Bravo's 6-speeder; be sure the drive train can take the increase (I believe the Punto Abarth SS has the 6-speed 'box).

2) From memory, the T-Jet has the same torque figures whether 120bhp or 150bhp (apart from an overboost function on the Bravo Sport). Looking at the stats, the only time the more powerful version delivers the goods is at high revs; up to 4000rpm they are essentially the same.

Not a very encouraging start, I would think. Nevertheless, the quest continues. How accurate are the above observations? If this is the case, how feasible would it be to fit an Abarth SS 6 speed gear box on the Jet?

Ideally, I would like to have switch-able maps. Like having the ability to switch between City and Highway drives. Or Economy mode and Sports mode, if you will. Looking forward to inputs from experts.

Thanks,

Rajan
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    2 people like this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3