1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help in Performance Mods for my T-Jet+

Discussion in 'Engine and Drivetrain' started by sathya_sc, Jan 13, 2012.

1. sathya_sc

Hello Everyone:

I am planning to bump up the power of my T-Jet+ (minimum 25%) through an ECU remap or Tuning whatever is good for the car/engine and other mechanicals.

What are the places that I can look at, who can do it very professionally. Not sure how to go ahead or where to look at. I have sent initial set of emails to 1. COSWORTH, 2.PETES, 3.Race Dynamics. and looking forward for their response.

Meanwhile, experts, pls help me in this process and I would like to limit myself mainly to ECU or Tuning related changes (not really keen to touch the mechanicals per say, but have it as an open option). Looking forward to get this completed by end of Feb max to max after careful analysis..

Pls assist me.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

So this is what I recd. from Kiirus a few days back. I have no idea about their quality of work. A colleague of mine had enquired about remap for his Skoda. From the mail, I'm presenting the options for Fiat cars:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sat, Dec 17, 2011 at 12:50 PM
    Subject: KIIRUS december offer on ECU REMAPS
    To: Info KIIRUS <info@kiirus.in>

EVER THOUGHT OF REMAPPING OR PROGRAMMING YOUR EXISTING CAR ECU without losing warranty FOR MORE MILEAGE AND POWER? 10-12% more mileage guaranteed *. 10-30% more power. NA cars about 10-15% max, Turbo cars…up-to 30%. Experience the power of invisible software that will leave a permanent smile on your face.

Testimonials and car details read below:

REMAP prices are Super- LOW !!!! (for holiday season) only at Rs.19000 for cars listed below.

Kiirus In | ECU Remap, Car Remapping, Chip Tuning, Fuel Economy Tuning
    Facebook : KIIRUS - Local Business - Andheri | Facebook for regular updates.

Offer valid for Mumbai customers and customers who send us their ECU. Out station dealer location are standard list price if we travel to your city

FIAT punto diesel 1.3 76PS@4000rpm, 197Nm@1750rpm plus 17 bhp, 35nm torque
    punto petrol 1.2 Power (PS@rpm) 68PS @6000rpm Torque (Nm@rpm) 96Nm @2500rpm plus 9bhp, 13nm torque
    punto 1.4 petrol Power (PS@rpm) 90PS @6000rpm Torque (Nm@rpm) 115Nm @4500rpm plus 9bhp, 13nm torque
    punto 90hp 1.3 diesel Power: 93PS@4000rpm, 209Nm@2000rpm plus 17 bhp, 35nm torque
    linea 1.3 diesel Power (PS@rpm) 90PS @6000rpm Torque (Nm@rpm) 115Nm @4500rpm plus 17 bhp, 35nm torque
    linea T-JET 1.4 Power (PS@rpm) 114PS @5000rpm Torque (Nm@rpm) 207Nm @2200rpm plus 26bhp, 38nm torque
    linea 90hp 1.4 petrol Power (PS@rpm) 90PS @6000rpm Torque (Nm@rpm) 115Nm @4500rpm plus 9bhp, 13nm torque
    fiat 500 Power (PS@rpm) 76PS @4000rpm Torque (Nm@rpm) 145Nm @1500rpm plus 17 bhp, 35nm torque

Tune-Ups are also offered on:

Honda I-Vtec type engines. Suzuki SX4, Grand Vitara, Most Mitsubishis that are newer  Cedia, Outlander at 24,000/-
    BRIO and Jazz upgrade to 104bhp without losing any extra fuel. ….cost 24,000/- Engine map+I-vtech Point shifter fine tuned for quick response.

Cruze and Captiva tuning is 24,000/- Add extra 27-30bhp, 50nm of torque.

Also introducing remaps for : Nissan Sunny, Suzuki Kizashi, Renault Fluence….please inquire for non listed cars !

Tuning also offered MOST LUXURY from Audi, BMW, Mercedes including Aston Martin, Bentley, Lambos, Ferrari and Skylines. Price starts at 36,000/-

We develop each map when car arrives for a remap. The original data is saved before writing the modified file. If you are not happy, the deduction is Rs.6000/- and we roll back cars to original. Sorry no free roll backs---it costs us money each time to re-flash on Immobilizer protected cars. Customers are always happy and we have not rolled back cars till date, with only exception for a few that are 1 in 100’s.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Sathya, though I am not expert in this area, I personally prefer Race Dynamics as this is a plug and play and you will also get a remote to control the various settings. Again, other experts and can throw more light into its pros and cons.

Note:- Whatever you do, you will look for more power :). Why not have another T-Jet engine in your car which will power your rear wheels? :D
    2 people like this.
  4. teky

teky Esperto

Actually the need is for four engines each per wheel!

Whatever you do I'm interested as I'm looking to get them done on my car as well.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

dont rely on indian tuners much. TJET is an alien machine to them. dont become a victim of testing squad.

look for uk / european tuners who know tjet in and out. you will find many.

let them know you cant jump from 91 octane.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

When I spoke with xplorauto a couple of months back, he said that he knows a person in Bangalore who is trained on FIATs from UK. You can touch base with him if this person is a mechanic or a tuner
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Totally agree with Italia .

Tuning box is not a good solution. A bad remap is even worse than the worst of the tuning boxes.

If any tuner promises you a XYZ power gain without showing you a before / after dyno curve, then just quietly leave the place.

Most guys see a XYZ increase in max bhp and get impressed. There is no use of power added ONLY at the top of the rev band. Power must be added throughout the rev range. It is not impossible. Just difficult. And this is where the real tuners come in. I would ask all tuners in India this question only - How much power can you add THROUGHOUT the rev range, rather than only at the top. ( Peter, you reading, mate?)

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. drifter

drifter Regolare

Before looking into re-map I would go for AIR. This will give a lot more bottom end torque, which the fairly heavy Linea needs. Also it will help reduce fuel consumption.

Having done modifications on the T-Jet engine since it was launched in 2005, I would be careful with tuning boxes as you (Gurjinder) stated. The problem we have over here in Europe is that we can not easily reciprocate Indian conditions. 91 octane fuel is not available on our shores.

When I am back in India the next time I will have time to play with a T-Jet, which currently runs a T-Jet AIR only. In the meantime I hope to get hold of some 91 octane fuel to start testing here.

Getting a minimum of 25% power increase would see us in excess of 140bhp. I would not be happy to run at this sort of power (100+bhp per liter) on 91 octane.
  9. sathya_sc

Thanks guys. Will go by your advice. Pls let me know where these kind of mods can be done..i am ready to drive whereever it is.. Any recommended place or are we saying we do not have one right now in India. And Speedjet.. Do you know his contact details..

And thanks Ramesh and Teky. Planning to fit a twin turbo engine to each of my wheels including stepney :) and not to mention two more engines one to push and one to pull which would be fitted outside the car!!! Haha

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  10. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I have PMed you the contact details. Also, take a look at

Not sure if it is helpful