1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help in Deciding Used CAR ( Punto/LINEA)

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by ramu_dodda, Mar 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Hi,

I am planning to buy one diesel car(Used) for my father, in the budget of 3 to 3.5 lakh. I have searched all diesel vehicles from past 2 weeks, finally came up with 2 options Punto & Linea. now it is hard decide , you can better advice me which is the best deal. No invest ment required on Punto but linea needs some repairs(mentioned below) which is demo vehicle and in workshop. Technician is a known person says vehicle is in good condition. Punto is at other preowned car dealer. please advice me which vehicle is the best deal for me. I already have LINEA MJD Dynamic with me currently.

I know linea is the best deal getting at the cost but I am afraid LINEA service record not found at 5K,15K and 30k they only serviced at 40k. Technician says it is done at 15k and is in good condition. he is good friend of mine, know him from long time. he says no major problem will come in near future, but I still need your advice, will there be any major problem to engine in future though it is good currently. engine is very silent now.

Punto MJD Active
    Year Mfg: 2009
    Miles : 68K
    Color : white
    Ownership: Individual
    Cost: 3,75,000 ( Final)
    Has Insurance for 6 months, New Tyres
    service done at 62K
    No service record at 45k but there is service at other intervals 5k,15k,30k,62k

Linea MJD Emotion Pack
    Year Mfg: 2009
    Miles : 40K
    Colore: Flemingo Red
    Ownership : Dealer ( Demo Vehicle)
    Cost : 3,30,000 (final)
    Need to Replace Battery , No ARM rest in back seat.
    No Service Record for 5k,15k,30k ( technician says they have done at 15k but no record)
    service done recently at 40k, ( record available, new timing chain installed recently)
    Tyres can run for another 5k
    No Insurance
    vehicle running condition is good.

thanks,
    ram.
  2. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

If the Punto's in much better condition, you could go witth it. It would save your dad any headaches in the future, plus be easier to manouvre in the city. One can have no idea what a demo vehicle this old might have gone through.
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  3. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Arkin, I have got the LINEA Service history today, that has regular service. I am okay to go for Punto but iam thinking it is overpriced, It is basic model Active(2009) and drove 68K ,dealer dont want to go below 375000.

Linea drove only 40k and top end model (2008) , linea looks good deal in overall. I will decide in this week. My Father stays at my home town and not for city drive.

I also looked SWIFT models as everyone suggested service available at local town but I hate swift owners , they are selling 2006 SWIFT LDi (basic) 4 lakh above with mileage 70K and above. I scolded one guy he bought swift in Year 2008 LDi ( cost was 5lakh 30 thousand on road exshowroom may be 4.8 that time, i enquired swift cost when i bought linea in year 2009), he drove 70K and still expecting 4.8lakh after 5 1/2 years drive, that means he need full price of the CAR. they may think buyes are mad but people are really mad still they buy at that cost. everybody after that.

today i went to one dealer he is recommending me to go for SWIFT petrol in same price 3.5 lakh rather than punto diesel , he says they will be scrapped later point of time as there will be no service and i dont get any money return on it. whaterver i put is a dead investment. dont know people mad about swift and maruti vehicles and all over priced.
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ramu, from Punto and Linea, according to me, Linea make more sense to buy. Punto Active can't be a choice compare to Linea E-pack.

Regarding swift, any diesel swift with 70K KM run, take a serious TD, they rattle much more. Engine is same.

Yes for Linea you might get less on resale, but think because of this you are getting a way-way better car in so less price.

On lighter note, if Fiat stops producing cars and diesel engine, swift will not run in India.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    Thanks Ravi for your advice, only the concern right now i have with LINEA is my friends says you already have got LINEA and why you need again LINEA :(

Sometime I think if I buy Punto , LINEA and Punto like big brother and small brother at my home :) .

I will decide this week, LINEA has little bit of work of 20K additional, i have asked ASS to give the quote for this pending work.

Again Thanks for your advice Ravi.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    From your post, what is bothering me the most is this sentence about Linea - Ownership : Dealer ( Demo Vehicle)

Just think about the amount of abuse the demo vehicle would have gone through which has run for 40k. If I were you, I would have negotiated a bit more on the Punto and would go for it. Or have some patience and search for better alternatives. I would never buy a demo/TD car.

Another bothering point is, why have they replaced the Timing Chain at 40k when Fiat recommends to change at 60k? Also, you may end up paying the following on the Linea.
    Repair cost - 25k (approx)
    Insurance - 15k
    New Tyres - 20k

Finally, you will end up spending close to 4L for this 2009 demo car. My sincere advice - Don't go for this car.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

I'm no expert, but my limited knowledge makes me suggest you look for another better deal on a used punto / linea with a full service record instead of toying with the risk of enduring niggling issues with the demo Linea - you would have peace of mind, esp if you find a used one with mileage <50k. Plus it would be a different experience owning Punto+Linea rather than 2 Lineas.

And it is common for DDiS owners to ask for the original price of their 2 year old cars AFAIK. In spite of (re)cycling, junk sells for the same rate per kg.
    pun intended:helmet
  8. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    +1 for ramesh. Dont go for a demo car instead an pre owned punto with all service records will do.
  9. rsujir

rsujir

Mumbai
    Hi Ram,

i have a Punto, which I am forced to sell with a heavy heart as have done just 2000 km in the past 15 months. the main reason being the pile of cars at our place fm Merc E250 D to Fortuner auto. The details are given below. The car is registered in Bangalore, but in Mangalore since past 1 yr.

Punto MJD Active
    Year Mfg: October 2009
    Kms : 22500
    Color : Electric Blue
    Ownership: Individual
    Cost: 3,80,000 (slightly nego)
    Comprehensive insurance till Oct '13, Tyres in good condition
    service done at 20900
    Complete service history.
    Accessories: Faux leather seats, premium RTO approved sun control films, JVC music system, side rear view mirror n door handle painted.

Car in immaculate condition.

You may revert back at rsujir@yahoo.com.

Rgds,
    rajesh
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramu_dodda

ramu_dodda Amatore

hyderabad
    hi rajesh
    I am interested in this deal but only concern is I am in Hyderabad and there will be registration transfer charges from Karnataka to Andhrapreadesh. please give me a call on 9963300221 so that we can discuss further on deal.

thanks,
    ram.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks Ramjn,Arkin & Bharath for your suggestions.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.