1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help in buying Punto 90 HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by fire_blade, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

That's why they call us FAN BOYS.These people justify their dirty cars over a shining one & suggest to keep them dirty instead:lol
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    FIAT calls this a reply? I can't believe this load of ****.
    Its more like an automated response ..
    COME ON FIAT... THIS IS NONSENSE
  3. fire_blade

fire_blade

Guys, I have booked a GP Sport RED :) and did the PDI 2 days back. I am damn excited :dancing to get my Punto. I am buying from company lease policy hence i am expecting the delivery by end of next week as there are few formalities left.

Thanks alot to all who replied to my queries. :up
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Wow..!!
    Congrats!
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Congrats. I think yours will be the first punto sport in TFI
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Congrats mate + the company lease adds another cherry to the cake.
  7. fire_blade

fire_blade

Yepppyyyyyyyyyy :dancing i got my GP Sport yesterday from Prerana motors, Lal bagh road bangalore.

Did the PDI: Did not find any issues as such, car was delivered in proper condition.

Delivery experience: Was very good, SA explained all the features properly and helped me to pair my mobile with the blue and me system and we made calls to ensure the system is working properly. All documents were explained properly and handed over.

They have promised a reverse parking sensors, but they have fitted rather an annoying sensor. The brand is Circuit i, this shit thing screams 0.5 0.6 0.4 and some animation on the IRVM displaying the same shit what it screams :mad: . Planning to call the dealer today to get it replaced with the FIAT original accessory with just the beeps (i guess it just have the beeps).

Intitial Impression: I am falling in love with the car :) it drives well and that planted feel inspires so much confidence. Steering is a bliss. The turbo kick is addictive but ensured rpm below 2.5k mark :) (will cross it if my below queries are answered)

This is the first diesel car i am owning, so getting used to the turbo lag. I feel gear ratios could have been better especially the second gear( i would say its annoying sometime). But above 3rd gear and if you are close to 2k rpm mark the car is a delight to drive.

Queries: Want to know from gurus what are the precautions to be taken during the initial running period?? Should we keep the car under certain RPM during initial running period? Any measures to be taken during starting or stopping the vehicle?
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2012
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    congrats on getting the punto home!!
    it would be good to idle it for a minute during first start of the day and before parking it after a drive. second one is more recommended.

For initial couple of thousand kms do not accelerate/brake hard. Also its important that you take it to different rpms but that should be done gradually without hard foot. no speed limits.

Enjoy your drive on your new punto!!
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Also, try changing the engine oil in the first service itself, though not required you by FIAT. Happy punting!
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

How about putting a few pics of beauty?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.