1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help in buying Punto 90 HP

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by fire_blade, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fire_blade

fire_blade

Hi All GP owners,

I am in a look out for a premium hatchback.

I am more inclined towards buying a Punto 90 hp after being blown away by its looks and driving characteristics.
    But i have heard a alot about issues like after sales service, manufacturing defects and quality issues which i feel should not be there on a 8 lacs + car.

Is quality and niggling issues improved in 2012 models?

My second sensible :) choice is a POLO 1.6 petrol.(i know we cannot compare a diesel and petrol but i have decided these two cars purely thinking about the performance and their driving dynamics)

How good is POLO w.r.t Punto?

Please share your personal experience which will greatly help me to take a decision.

Thanks in advance.

Kapil
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Fire, It will again burn up the useless Stats war but i am a firm believer that Polo 1.6 stands no chance for 90 HP.
    Coming just to 90HP, This car absolutely rocks!!! Don't miss this chance of owning one. I assure you that if you really the one "not so 0-100 timings" guy & instead love to cruise at high speeds on highways, no better car than 90 HP. It's fuel type & running cost is an absolute benefit as well. You may save a Polo 1.6 if you are planning to run your car for next 2-2.5 lacs of Kms.

For ownership feedback, this car is one step better one might think with the exposure he had with typical Indian cars. If you have never owned a FIAT before, prepared to be flattened all out.
    I personally found a couple of issues (more like wishes than genuine issues):

1. I am ready to trade off 5-6 secs for 0-100 timings for a better top range & top speed of 200 km/hr. I would love to see it's speedo crossing 200 km/hr mark:mrgreen:.
    2. Brakes pads though performance is best by far, wears out too quickly with the spirited driving style. Last set of brake pads was replaced@15000 KMs, this one is destined for 8000-10000 KMs:A
    3. There should have been optional 4 Disc brakes instead of only 2. This car is capable to touch 190 km/hr & 4 Discs would be an awesome combination for such a cruiser.

Rest is absoltely kicking stuff...!!
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
    2 people like this.
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Kapil congrats for short listing the Mighty Muscular Italian the 90HP,
    do visit the site
    Punto 90 hp vs polo 1.6petrol, In the same section and you will get the answers by the Fiatians, Even though you have doubt, get back to us and we would be happy to hear it...
  6. fire_blade

fire_blade

Thanks alot guyz for your response. It has greatly helped me and i have decided to buy a GP 90HP :)

Confused b/w BNW and Red colour :), i will be booking the car within this week or max next week.

Eagrly waiting to join the club :car

Cheers,
    Kapil
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    blade with fire,
    its always confusing when you ask advise for the colors,beter u decide it on your own.
    (go for BNW :D)
  8. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Blade - Just bear in mind the amount of dust you will encounter everyday in your city, including your parking, office parking and generally the city.
    The easiest colors for dusty conditions are BNW, Red, FTA, Minimal and Medium Grey. HHB and OB are very difficult to maintain but if you are smitten by either of them; then just know that it will require a certain amount of daily labor. Tuscan Wine is also hard to maintain but dust doesn't show as easily as on HHB and OB.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    TW is also too hard to maintain. TW owners will know this. Its equally as difficult as the HHB and OB.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.