1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help!!! - Front bumper scratches

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by samurai84, Aug 17, 2011.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    somebody had mentioned that steering should be turned (anticlockwise) slightly in the opp direction of the key... it always works!
    Not sure if this is mentioned somewhere..
  2. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Its the steering lock. Turn off the engine and turn the steering to either side, You can notice that it gets locked.
    To unlock insert the key. turn the steering slightly with one hand and simultaneously turn the Key. It should unlock
  3. samurai,

this issue i faced with my Hyundai Accent executive and Fiat punto too, the new cars are made like this, you have to unlock(move a bit) the steering, then only you will able to start the car. i think you don`t have any issue with your car, if its happen only once. if your facing this issue too many time then better take your car to TASS. i think when you switch off the car and more the steering in lock condition and then when you try to switch the ignition its won`t allow you to switch the ignition on(you can`t more the key)
  4. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    @Niranjan,shams,soccerfan, Drive_drift:- Thanks a lot friends... I got scared that there is a problem with my car. your replies gives some relief to me...:) I will try your ideas when next time the steering gets lock.
  5. Samurai ,
    I believe this is not a new feature .. Even my 2003 Zen have this feature . I think this is same as locking the front wheel of a two wheeler ..
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Dear fellow Drive_drift, its not atall like that. No need to visit tass as this is a simple steering lock function! This feature was their in my NE118 too. Nothing is new in it!
    If you switch off engin& try to rotate steering it'll get lock only! Unlocking is explained by other members so follow it, no need to,repeat that. If you dont want your steering to get locked then, don't rotate steering after you switch off engine. Its a simple as that.
  7. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    This feature of steering lock is available for long time. I had it in my palio 2003 model. Just turn the steering anticlockwise slightly and turn the ignition. This should open up the lock./
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Yes,Niranjan and Samurai,it's a safety feauture,even I had experienced that once in my Linea
  9. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thank you guys...as Tron said, am not rotating thee steering after the engine off.... itz so simple :)
  10. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    You have to!! this action locks the steering wheel and the car cannot be moved. This is a safety feature. Try it couple of times and practice unlocking it. This will cause no harm.