1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help!!! - Front bumper scratches

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by samurai84, Aug 17, 2011.

1. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys...

Yesterday night while taking a U turn accidently my car scratched with a stone... Here I have attached a snap of the damage. Could anyone please guide me how to fix this? Painting will be enough right?

2011-08-17_07.24.31.jpg
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Seems to be a minor job.

If the service centre charges an arm & a leg just to get this much set right, then you can try a DIY repair. A member here had done a similar DIY with great results. And the damages to the pocket were considerably less.
  3. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks gurji... can u please guide me how to fix this? Should I buy any paint?
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I guess your best guide should be this link. To see if you wanna go the DIY route. It's not that big a job and can be accomplished on a nice sunny Sunday.

The complete pics etc were posted on the "greatest Indian automotive forum":). So i linked you to there.

Cheers.
  5. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Thank u gurji...
  6. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi Samurai,Check once with showroom guys as well if it is covered under insurance. I too have got few scratches on my new punto and the showroom person suggested that it can be covered under insurance. He also suggested not to rush to do the scratch work done immdly as few more scratches may happen during the initial ownership and suggested to do all this job during the first servicing of 6 months.
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @ Samurai & Niranjan if you guys get this work covered insurance then you will loose 20% No Claim Bonus.

My suggestion would be pay it from your pocket if it costing less than Rs. 1.5k-2k.
  8. anoop

anoop Superiore

I agree with Kedar - I personally do not agree for claiming insurance if the amount I will get is less than the NCB I lose. The down side is that, this strategy works provided you have only one claim to make in a year. If you end up having another incident which forces you to go for insurance, then you lose the amount you first paid from pocket.
  9. samurai84

samurai84 Amatore

Bangalore
    Guys... Yesterday I could not able to start my punto only. After inserting the Key, I could not turn it to MAR position also. I tried unlocking the steering, but I could not able to do. I struggled for 45 mins... Later I got irritated and tilted and moved the steering wheel with full force, then I could start my Car...Luckily it happened in my parking lot. If it happens anywhere in traffic what to do???? Is there any problem in my car?....Please help me guys?
  10. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi Samurai,
    I too faced this issue during my initial days. AFAIK this happens if you try to use the steering(Move it to right or left) when the engine is off.
    Now how to open the steering when it's locked is
    1. Insert the ignition key.
    2. Move the steering just a little with one hand
    3. With the other hand start the car the steering lock will go. Extra force is not required.
    I think this is the feature given in the car. I am not sure though.