1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help for DSLR camera

Discussion in 'Photography' started by Drive_drift, Oct 11, 2011.

1. guy what about the sensor life?? how the CMOS image sensor in NIKON and CANON? I got to know CANON don`t have that good sensor then NIKON??
    any view on this??

NOTE: this thread is only to get different view, so please don`t fight on product like or individual view. :)
  2. kartikail

kartikail

Mumbai
    Hey mate dont worrie about the sensor life, Canon and Nikon, they both have great camera's, and as you are new to the SLR thing, maybe getting your hands on a used one isn't a bad option, and once you get a grip on the controls, then you can experiment, feel both the manufactures camera, the picture clarity, better ISO and stuff like that and you can see some on the dpreview.com

I like Canon sensor cuz of the vivid colours and I have the Canon 40D and thts a great camera a bit old now, really fast and picture quality is awsome and I have 3 lenses, the Kit lens that I dont use at all now, Sigma 18-200 DC OS and this is the all round lens and the last and my fav the Canon 50mm 1.8 for amazing DOF..
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Gys.. i am total new to this.. and i'm think on buying a slr or dslr.. which brand and model will u experts advice for a beginner..
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    If you are totally new to photography, it would be wise to start with a simple P&S camera like the Canon A series.
    Then once you are thorough with the controls and techniques of photography, after an year or two you can upgrade to a Prosumer or SLR camera.
  5. U can take a look at sony hx200v....a real vfm..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hx200v doesnt come under slr range...its in the semi pro range..top of the line P&S..
    you have a lot of options in that range.. even i'm looking in that range cos i m lazy to change n play with many lenses around :D , too bulky to carry around SLRs all the time, and it is a very very expensive hobby once it gets into the head !! :D .
    The ones to consider in this price range and series below SLR are
    Sony HX100/200v , Nikon P500/510, fujifilm HS20, canon sx500
    I would suggest you nikon in any case.
  7. I never mentioned it as a slr or dslr..if you are new to photography this a cam which has all the knicks and knacks..buying a slr or dslr and trying to learn in that might be a bit of risk

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  8. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I agree with Roy. Get a decent P&S and start a fund for your DSLR :) I have an Olympus XZ-1 and it comes close to DSLR controls (except AE lock, but there's a hack for that). What sold me on it was the excellent lens, RAW shooting, Manual controls and Bulb mode.
  9. livelyyoungman

livelyyoungman Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    What is your budget? You get entry level DSLR at the price of high end point and shoot (e.g Canon 1100D). But you will have to sacrifice on picture quality when compared to a good SLR. So its all dependent on budget. IMHO to learn photography any camera is deemed good - all you need to have an eye for it :D

Poor dude. You cant be that lazy :(