1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help for deciding ICE Setup

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by mhitesh, Jan 23, 2013.

1. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I am planning to move away from the Factory speaker system and go ahead with a good, clear, crisp speakers system. Budget is not an issue to a certain extent, but at the same time I want to know will my warranty be void if I go for ICE systems available in the market.

I am not a sound expert and neither do I know much about the terms, I would like to go for an amp as well but at the same time don't want to reduce the boot space and cut deep visible holes. I don't play music very loud but I listen to all kinds of music from old age to hip hop to rock, psychi trance, death, heavy, black metal so the sound has to be close to perfect.

Kindly suggest guys
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  2. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    First ask for the audition of different audio setups. It'll tell you what kind of setup you actually need and most imp. what speakers you actually are going to buy. Every thing can be suggested by us but for speakers you have to take the pain and audition them to finalize them.
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Thanks Vivek, I will check for some speakers in the market like Polk Audio, JBL / infinity : Harman. I am even ready to check our B&W if the price is not too high.

Is there a one stop shop in Navi Mumbai / Mumbai for ICE?
  4. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Could you please tell us your budget so that we can give you some suggestions.
  5. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4

I have no idea about how much will the upgrade cost, you can help me with some decent choices along with the cost and then I can finally decide if that fits my pocket.

As of now I haven't decided on any figure that I want to spend
  6. This is my current setup.

Front comps: Hertz DSK165,
    Rear coax: Hertz DCX 130
    Amplifier: Arc Audio 5 channel
    Subwoofer:Rockford Fosgate punch series 10"

For this I have shelled 26k.
  7. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    26K is not a problem, however did u have to dig holes and change any setup? Are you also changing the HU? or is it changeable at all. I don't want to play with the boot space
  8. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Did you get all of these from a local shop or an authorized dealer. I don't see any auth dealer for hertz in india and what was the original price quoted?
  9. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I need more suggestions and inputs
  10. Hertz products are difficult to source these days as there is some problem in the supply network.I have brought all the items from reputed shop with bill and warranty.
    Spacer ring will be used for mounting the speakers, or else the sepaekrs wont fit properly. There is no wire cutting and chance of losing the warranty is less.
    Amplifier is installed under front left seat. My Head unit is also changed to a 1 din touch screen player which I have sourced from Hongkong.