1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help: Fiat service/warranty claim woes

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by rvlkiran, Aug 19, 2015.

1. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear fellow TFIans,

I own a Linea T-Jet Active bought on 14-Feb-2015. On 03-Aug-2015 (Barely within 5.5 months) my car went completely dead (no power) after I left it in my parking lot for the weekend and came back on Monday. I called Fiat Roadside assistance (RSA), who towed it to the nearest workshop (Aadya Motors, Nagavara), after failing to jumpstart it. The diagnosis was: The 'neutral/grounding' steel-rod from Fuse box to the body floor was broken, and it broke the complete electric circuit. I was informed that this rod alone can't be replaced, the entire Fuse box assembly has to be replaced. I asked them to pursue a warranty claim, since it's unnatural for this failure to occur within 6 months of normal ownership, around 6300 kms of running. Aadya motors placed the order for the part. There was a long delay in procuring it. After the part arrived, they fixed it, found it working. The car is repaired on 14-Aug-2015. Aadya motors then placed a warranty claim with Fiat. They said initially the claim was rejected stating that this is a wear-and-tear part, it's not covered. I insisted that it's an unnatural/unexpected failure that occurred within 6 months. They re-sent the warranty claim to Fiat India. Fiat India is sitting on it for the last few days, and they're not saying anything. In the meanwhile, I'm writing to the India Service email for the last 1 week.

Please find the complete email transcript below. I have removed vehicle details/complaint tracking number/my personal email details.

Can fellow forum members help me with contact details of any senior manager/higher ups in Fiat management, so that I can escalate the matter ?

Warm regards,
    Kiran.

-------- Email transcript ----------
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Wed, Aug 19, 2015 at 10:41 AM
    Subject: Re: Part procurement delays - Need loaner car
    To: "India Service (FCA)" <service.india@fcagroup.com>
    Cc: "fiatcrm@aadyamail.com" <fiatcrm@aadyamail.com>

Why should I bear the inconvenience forever ? What have you done to reduce my inconvenience ?

7 days ago, I asked for a loaner car. Have you done anything about it ?

Here are the various options available for you to reduce my inconvenience:
    Best solution: Clear my warranty claim so that I can take my own car back after repair.

If not, you can take your sweet time to decide upon warranty claim, but :
    1) Give me a loaner car from Fiat side
    2) I will get a self-drive car on hire from zoomcar.com. You can pay the bill
    3) I will forward all my Ola/Uber cab bills. You can reimburse me

If you reject my warranty claim, I have the following option for you:

I was informed that the fuse box is connected to the body floor with a kind of steel rod. This is what is broken causing entire electric circuit failure, unable to start the car. I was informed that the steel rod alone cannot be replaced, I have replace the entire fuse box assembly (costing about 12,000 Rs). I am ok with it as long as Fiat pays for the part under warranty claim. It is simply a case of manufacturing defect. Otherwise, why should this fail within 6 months of usage ?

If Fiat is not paying for the entire assembly, I want a cheaper repair option. I am sure it should be possible to solder/weld the broken connection to my OLD fuse box so that the circuit is operational again.

Warm regards,
    Kiran

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 4:54 PM, India Service (FCA) <service.india@fcagroup.com> wrote:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication, deeply regret the inconvenience.
    Our team is working on your complaint and soon you will get proper resolution regarding to your case.
    Till then we request you to please bear with us

Description: Description: cid:image001.png@01D07773.92A22A70

Warm Regards,

Customer Care,

FCA India Automobiles Private Limited
    Benefice Building, 2nd Floor, Mathuradas Mill Compound,
    Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400013, India.
    Toll Free : 1800-209-5556
    Road Side Assistance: 1800-209-3428
    E-mail: service.india@fcagroup.com

Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:48 PM

To: India Service (FCA)
    Cc: fiatcrm@aadyamail.com

Dear Fiat India,

What is happening here? Aadya motors tells me that they didn't receive any response yet on the warranty claim email they sent on Friday 14th August.

The car is ready since 14th August at the workshop, but I'm unable to take it because of Fiat silence over the warranty claim.

It is exatly 16 days since the car broke down & 15 days since it was towed to the workshop.

I deeply regret going against my family & friend's advice and buying a Fiat car. I should have bought Honda City, period.

It's not fun any more.

Warm regards,
    Kiran

On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 2:58 AM, India Service (FCA) <service.india@fcagroup.com> wrote:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication, we regret the inconvenience.

Matter is coordinated with region /dealer for update,
    we assure you of all due attention in resolving concerns referred
    Till then we request you to please bear with us.

Warm Regards,

Customer Care,

Sent: Friday, August 14, 2015 12:12 PM
    Cc: fiatcrm@aadyamail.com

I was just informed by Neeraj from Aadya motors that the warranty claim on Fusebox was rejected by Fiat India.

I take this very seriously - There was no reason for this part to be damaged on a car that sat in the Factory for 5 months & is with me for just 6 months over normal usage.

If Fiat expects to make components that fail like this & call them as wear and tear damage while denying warranty, God & consumer courts can alone save Fiat customers.

I am a member of various online car forums (TeamBHP and TeamFiat India), I will not keep quiet.

Warm regards,
    Kiran

On Thu, Aug 13, 2015 at 6:16 PM, India Service (FCA) <service.india@fcagroup.com> wrote:
    Dear Sir,

Thank you for your communication, deeply regret the inconvenience.
    Matter is coordinated with region /dealer, we assure you of all due attention through Aadya Motors
    We have registered your complaint & no. for same is XXXXXXXXXX

Our dealer CRM from Aadya Motors will coordinate for local assistance 9611786674

Warm Regards,

Customer Care,

Sent: Wednesday, August 12, 2015 4:03 PM

Details of the car:

Registration number: KA-XXXXXXXX
    Purchased from: KHT Fiat Caffe, Bangalore
    Chassis/VIN number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Warm regards,
    Kiran

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Kiran Ravinuthala wrote:
    Dear Fiat Service,

I bought a Fiat Linea T-Ject Active early this year. Delivery date: 14-02-2015.

Last week, my car didn't start. I called up Fiat RSA & they towed it to Aadya Motors Nagavara on Tuesday 04-08-2015.

The service person Neeraj from Aadya motors has been telling me that they have root-caused it to a Fuse box issue. He also mentioned that they will make a warranty claim for the part. He also told me that after fixing, he will need to observe the car for 2 more days. Otherwise if I take the delivery & the problem repeats, I will have to again tow it to the workshop.

They keep telling me that they have ordered the part & it will come in the next 1-2 days (I'm hearing the same Story since last week Wednesday - 05-08-2015). The part has still not come & I'm without a car for the last 9 days.

I urge you to look into the part delivery/warranty claim issue. And immediately issue me a loaner car - I have restricted my personal travel for the last weekend & I'm using cabs/ sharing rides with friends. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE / REASONABLE for me any more. I need a LOANER CAR. PERIOD. You can then take your sweet time to get the part, fix & observe.

I bought a new car precisely to avoid these problems (I had a used car earlier), but unfortunately my Fiat service experience has not been pleasurable.

Warm regards,
    Kiran
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. rvlkiran

rvlkiran Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    I have good news to share. Fiat India has kindly agreed for the warranty claim on 20-Aug-2015. They have made it clear it's on "Goodwill" basis. I'm happy that the saga has finally come to an end. I just got the car home this evening.
  3. whitepunto76

whitepunto76 Regolare

Bangalore
    Good. Happy Miles!!
    rvlkiran likes this.
  4. Gurjit Singh

Gurjit Singh Timido

Jalandhar
    Jalandhar
    Linea 1.3
    U R V Lucky Kiran. Enjoy FIAT Drive
    rvlkiran likes this.