1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

need help deciding new car - 2013 linea - dynamic or emotion ?

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by cabhilash, Jun 17, 2013.

1. cabhilash

For the last two months I was doing extensive research on a new sedan (diesel). I have a Swift vxi as my companion for last many years.
    I zeroed in the following 3 cars
    • VW Vento
    • Skoda Rapid
    • Fiat Linea

I liked rapid but didn't like the attitude of the showroom . Same was the case with VW. I had to call many times for TD.
    Fiat (hyson motors http://hysonmotors.com) contacted me many times are were willing to give me many rounds of TD. I was impressed with their proactive attitude. They helped clear a lot of doubts. I got 2013 emotion for my TD.

After all the TD’s and analysis I am falling for Linea :)

Which Colour is better? Black or White?

Which Variant should I opt?
    Dynamic or Emotion

With the latest models there is not much difference between the two variants.

• 15” alloy for dynamic & 16” alloy for emotion
    • Leather upholstery for emotion
    • Rear sun curtain for emotion
    There is no headrest for the 3rd passenger & the spare wheel is not alloy :(

I am planning to book this beauty this week itself.

Apart from the mud flaps & mats, I am also getting reverse sensor as freebie.
    2 people like this.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Abhilash. Welcome to TFI. :)

1. Regarding color, its a personal choice. Here in Punjab, 8/10 cars are white. Reason is simple. Black cars do get heated up a lot in summers especially when parked in sun. It is definitely easier for a car's AC to cool up a white car. Sun films are banned and white cars do have a point over black. Secondly, at night, the curves and design of white Linea (or any other car can be made out) but not in case of black (only lights are visible).

2. Variant (Dynamic vs Emotion). Depends upon budget really. Emotion is fully loaded and you do not need to put much accessories. Go for Emotion if possible. You will also get USB for playing music in Emotion variant. As far as I kow, dynamic variant doesn't get Blue&Me (I may be incorrect. Check brochure) so you don't get USB slot and end up playing music via CDs.
    1 person likes this.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

I got noting to add up on the main aspect of this thread, but i do acknowledge about the attitude of VW showroom guys. I too had to call many times for the TD. Atlast i did not get it any way.
  4. sk16

sk16 Amatore

New Delhi, India
    You are incorrect my friend. You get B&M as well as the USB hub in dynamic.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks a lot sk16 for the correction. Perhaps a download of the 2013 brochures is due. I don't have recent updates these days due to studies. :)
    1 person likes this.
  6. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Hi Abhilash.Welcome to TFI:)..u hav selected d right car i.e Fiat Linea..VW n Skoda's sales guys show a lot of attitude to customers..i wud advice u to go for white as it can b maintained easily n it looks elegant compared to black..if u hav budget pay 40000 more n go for emotion variant as u get big 16" wheels with thin spokes,leather seats,rear sun curtain n u get spare wheel as alloy..waiting for ur Linea's pics review..
    1 person likes this.
  7. cabhilash

@Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 @PaddleShifter

Mind says white heart says black ;)

today i talked to the salesperson, he confirmed that the emotion variant also comes with only 16" x 4 alloy ( the spare one is normal steel :()
    Most probably i will go for emotion variant.

The latest brochure is available @ - https://www.fiat-india.com/brochures/FIAT_Linea_Brochure.pdf. but then i don't believe this is updated. even the dynamic variant has chrome beading. Salesperson emailed me the pics of dynamic variant from his another customer. In the showroom i saw only emotion variant.
  8. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Guys, to be honest here. VW has got very nice and courteous salesmen atleast in Bangalore Palace cross.

My office used to be in E-city and they offered me a TD from Palace cross showroom at my office doorstep (around 25 kms from their showroom) just on a phone call.

I have tested VW Vento rigourously on Nice road and within city too. The sales guy never showed attitude or had a problem with it. I had almost zeroed down to get Vento home but just ruled it out due to spongy suspension.

On the other hand Skoda Rapid had great suspension and handling when compared to Vento but I was held back due to poor service of Skoda across Bangalore (read too many horror stories).

@Abhilash Laystly, Linea is a great car, I would say looks wise its the most fabulous sedan in segment. I would suggest you to stretch a bit on your budget if you can and opt for emotion variant coz its truly worth it. It shouldn't so happen that you buy a dynamic variant and then realise you could have had emotion which is a bit better :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go with the linea emotion...love the car

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Colour as many here have put is a personal choice but for the variant, Id any day choose the Emotion . Its the top most variant and offers good feature set.
    Some of the reasons why I would choose emotion is,

1.) Steering mounted controls
    2.) Airbags
    3.) ACC
    These features are really in a separate domain and trust me ,if you pick up a dynamic and later sit in another emotion variant you will feel the difference of user friendliness and you will wish you had bought it.
    They really are quite a bit .
    Even if its "more than a bit of stretch" please go with the emotion as if you choose to pay up via instalments then a few thousands of difference to the EMI wont hurt much considering what you will get for that.