1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need help buying a Punto

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by Relativity, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    A friend booked a 90 HP in Bangalore but the dealer is refusing PDI or Delivery until full payment is made. I know VST Motors Chennai tried the same stunt with me last year and I managed to escalate to a Mr. Vikram, regional head of sales at Tata to help me. I don't have his number anymore.

Any help in the form of contact names and numbers to escalate would be much appreciated as this guy is getting irritated with Fiats already.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Who is the dealer?
    I hope your friend has not paid whole amount.

Do escalate to Mr Mangesh.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Concorde. No, he has just paid 50K.
    ok, I will ask him to write to Mangesh then.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes escalate and also raise complaint to concorde website.
    Also, let your friend escalate first to Concorde seniors at the dealership. Sometimes sales guys try to be smart.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Every customer has the right to ask for PDI before making full payment. Ask him to first talk with the dealer and also threaten them that he will be escalating.

No need to get irritated with Fiat for this mess by a dealer. Ask your friend to visit a Maruti showroom and request the same there that he will do PDI of Swift and then make payment. I know what would happen there. People find every bit of disappointment in the buying process to blame Fiat which is not at all fair.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Escalating to Fiat shall not help much as this is dealer's issue. Better to ask for full refund and book at another place. Before booking take confirmation on PDI from SA
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Why do you think I am trying to help him in the first place? so that he doesn't get irritated with Fiat as this is a small stumbling block.
    In fact, I just got to know him on another forum and trying to help him as I faced a similar issue with VST Motors when I was buying my Car. Fiat brand has a poor perception in the market anyway and these lousy dealers are just adding fuel to the fire. Brands like Maruti can get away with it because they manage to sell at least 10 times as much. I just hope Fiat starts selling more after they have their own showrooms and Service Centers. It has the potential to eat up the entire sub 10 Lakh car market in India and it looks like it was being managed by morons till now.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    If I were faced with this, I would just cancel the booking and go to another dealer. If the dealer is refusing PDI, I smell a rat.

Rajan
  9. hssm

hssm

bangalore
    It's better to be firm on PDI, please do not pay anything. Also if u have loan try to keep it safe and not pay by any chance.

i agree, only coz of these dealers Punto is facing the wrath. But I do not understand why Fiat does not take these matters seriously. Why they at first depend on other dealer and spoiled their market. May be from this year things will change.
  10. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Guys. Mangesh never disappoints. we wrote to him last night and today the dealer got a call from "higher up" and PDI has been arranged.
    3 people like this.