1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Help...Broken Rubber Parts

Discussion in 'Technical' started by parry, Oct 20, 2013.

1. parry

parry

Bangalore
    Dear All,

Pls refer to the following pics of broken rubber parts inside the bonnet of my Punto. These were broken during the front windshield replacement at Vecto Motors, Bangalore.
    My question to the respected members:
    1) What is the use of this rubber part? Is it for windshield water drainage or sound insulation?
    2) Is this part very critical? Vecto SA says car can normally without this part but I’m little worried and pushing them to replace asap. There must be some technical reason why this part is there.
    Please advise.

IMG-20131019-00609.jpg IMG-20131019-00610.jpg
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Its there for sound insulation, don't spend on such parts they are of horrible quality and would get into same condition after few months.
  3. Parry,
    Please let me know the part numbers for the same, I also need them.
  4. govindankvs

govindankvs Novizio

US
    US
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Even I have the same condition:) will wait for the part num!
  5. I sent this pictures to 99rpm but they could not get part numbers.
  6. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    When I checked with KHT body shop manager sometime back, he said these parts are not sent as spares by FIAT & have to manage with existing one itself.

Apart from this rubber part below left side cowl top vent panel also chewed by rats & they couldn't source that too.
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  8. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    Thanks vj for the hint, able to find the link for punto itself. 'http://www.99rpm.com/engine-bay-insulation-padding-punto.html'
  9. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Check with the dealer before you buy it, im not very sure the parts in the link are what you are looking for. It is not very clear from the parts image.
  10. Sathish_UPS

Sathish_UPS Novizio

Bangalore
    Sure vj, will check it before placing order.