1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need guide for buying a used linea

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Rishik7, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    Thank you. I want the all the features of 2012 emotion variant. I heard in the brochures there are only some of the features.
  2. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    As mentioned earlier, check the review on forum for the details needed. Link below.

http://www.teamfiat.com/index.php?threads/4366/

In addition to the above, there are many detailed ownership reviews available here which covers many things about the car extensively, did you get a chance to check them too ?, if not please do.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  3. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    Is it okay to buy a 2012 linea Emotion model that has run 1.5 lakh kms. It is fully company maintained. They have done engine service at 145000kms. All have been changed Clutch plates, suspensions. And all other works are also done. After test driving the car, my mechanic said it is good. I also felt good while driving.I want to take your opinions too. The price is 3.50 lakhs. My question is-Is it worth to buy?
  4. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    It depends on how long you plan to keep the car. High Mileage do in fact give confidence on the capabilities of FIAT engine; but how much further you plan to rise the ODO. (Though high mileage car's aren't the first preference; but it could also relate to lot of high way running, which is better than city run)

Please get all the service records and study them; for the work done so far. If any work has been done repeatedly or any major accidental repairs;please avoid the purchase.

Price as per NCR standard, its around 10-15% higher. (Do keep a budget of another 30-40k for servicing/repair as per your finding/requirement)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 18, 2016 ---
    Also, please check the rusting. Though its pretty new (2012), but if it has always been parked in open and/or washed regularly; FIAT are notorious for rusting.
  5. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    Is it best to buy a used 2010 fiat linea or 2012 club class Manza?
  6. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Please state your requirement(s) and preference(s), then we might be able to suggest the best car for you.
    PradeepM likes this.
  7. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    If you are Looking for Backseat Comfort and you are not driving the car Go for Manza. Fiat Linea for everything else. Look, Ride, Handling, Build Quality.
    Tornado likes this.
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Rishik7 From your first post you have driven the Manza earlier. So have you owned a Manza earlier or have you just driven it. If you have owned one earlier, any specific reason you have sold it and wanting to go back to it again. Also Manza has the same engine and possibly a better tuned gear box too, having said that Iam not sure on the equipment levels in the club class in comparison with the 2010 Linea. Due check the pros and cons of both the cars and take an appropriate call. End of the day put your money on what you would be happy with.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  9. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks guys.I have bought a 2011 gold color fiat linea Emotion Pack with 86k on odo. They have completely done company service. I have seen the service records. When I drove, I felt I was riding in sky. While driving manza is not even near to this.I was to happy and my family also appreciated me for my decision in buying this car. Full of excitement.
    metal_heart, Murphy_Fiat and varunrtr like this.
  10. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Rishik You have made brilliant choice. Enjoy your ride and post loads of pictures :)