1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need guide for buying a used linea

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Rishik7, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    Guys I am willing to buy an used linea. Basically I am new to linea.Earlier I drove a Manza.I am checked for used linea in trichy, my hometown. I got two options.
    1. Used 2011 linea 1.3 MJD Emotion Pack.70000 kms
    2. Used 2012 linea 1.3 MJD Emotion. (16 inch wheel model)60000 kms
    Now I am confused which to choose.
    Guys please help me.
    Please give every single features of both the linea models.
    And also please tell me the changes that have made on 2012 model.
    I am waiting for your answers.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Rishik7

Have you test driven both the cars? Have you found any major difference? 2011 make Linea Emotion pack and 2012 Linea Emotion should be same. Just confirm that both the cars have ABS and Air bags as standard safety equipments. 2012 models may have higher GC as compared to 2011 models due to the GC enhancement kit.
    manjunathkl likes this.
  3. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    No I have not yet driven.
  4. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @ Rishik7, check for service history so that you would know which once is taken care better among the two. Also make sure you check for the timing chain replacement as both have crossed 60k. Do check the cars in person to take a good look at the interiors and have a through test drive to check which car drives & sounds better.
    I have seen cars with messed up interiors within 2 years due to sheer negligence.
    Do take someone who is more experienced (I see that you are very young, and would have recently got your DL :) ) along with you for the TD, so that you get a better picture.

All the best, do keep us posted

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    gpunto75 likes this.
  5. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks now I am going to test drive with my mechanic.
  6. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    Please tell me every single features in linea.
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Rishik,

Kindly check the official review of the car on the forum for complete details.

Cheers,
    Pradeep
  8. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    Please do the homework. Don't jump into buying (any) car, without understanding them. You would most likely end up with wrong car.
    PradeepM likes this.
  9. Rishik7

Rishik7 Timido

Trichy
    Linea 1.3
    I have learnt many things about cars. Don't underestimate me. I have changed many cars with my father. And I go to garage and know every single part. The only thing is my father is in bed due to health problem.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 17, 2016 ---
    If you can help me, please give every single features in linea.
  10. snck

snck Amatore

Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    @Rishik7

Just from the feature set perspective:

Both 2011 Emotion Pack & 2012 Emotion are the top end variants in the respective years. You do get ABS & front 2 airbags standard.

In 2012 Emotion, you get additionally rain sensing wipers, auto headlamps, 16 inch turbine alloys and leather seats. You also get increased GC, but whether it is a plus or minus depend on what you want, I guess.

I am writing from my memory, the best option however would be to confirm these from brochures/old reviews.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.