1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need guidance

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by venkatesh s, May 24, 2015.

1. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Well. My Punto is 86K km now. I may need clutch change at 1 lac or 1.2 lac kms. Clutch change will behave in an uncertain way? I have already procured clutch kit from 99rpm for future need.
    Has anybody here replaced clutch and got in trouble?
    Should I sell it or keep it?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2015 ---
    Then what did you do with bent alloys?
    Got them repaired? Or using as they are?
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 8, 2015 ---
    I bought Fiat alloys15" for my Dynamic Punto and they have run 45K kms. I have driven my car many kms on rough and rural terrain, over potholes many times. Still my alloys are fine and just like new.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  2. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @magnan, in your case, clutch replacement might be a result of mere wear tear. Anyways, how many times you have replaced the clutch till now?
  3. magnan

magnan Amatore

Jaipur, Rajasthan
    Its original and hope for no problem next 50K kms. At 86 K its as good as new.
  4. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @magnan, That's it, your clutch is in place since 86kkm, and still going good. The car in question on this thread is mere 47k km run & still requires clutch replacement, doesn't it raise the eyebrows?
    That's why I said, we can't predict the behaviour after its replacement, if still clutch slips or hardens, car might require flywheel replacement. Sometimes problematic gear box leads to early clutch wear. Sometimes, it is the earlier owner /driver who is culprit because of clutch riding. We can't come to a conclusion without opening the parts & components, hence why to plonk huge amount on the deal of the car and then play a game of trial & error?

In your case, it is mere wear & tear, after using the clutch for its full lifespan and not the abuse or a fault in clutch which is making you replace the clutch . So in your case it can be safely said that you need not sell the car as new clutch if it's genuine, will last long.
  5. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @magnan
    i'm still running on stock clutch ODO @1.45 Lakh Kms. Change it only if you find any faulty symptons like hard gear shiftment,hard clutch,sluggish behaviour.
    Anup likes this.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am using as it is. Con is to have slight vibration in steering wheel at the speed of 110kmph only and then rest is normal.

Repairing bent alloy is bit expensive and I am not sure if it resolves the problem 100%.