1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

need guidance for Fiat Punto 1.2 petrol emotion

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by treevivek, Jun 28, 2010.

1. treevivek

treevivek

Bangalore
    Hi Everyone,
    I am planning for my new "First car" and i like punto a lot.
    Can you please guide me how is Punto 1.2 petrol emotion.
    Is 1.2 petrol is good for driving in hill areas.

How is this car? can you please share your experience?

Cheers
    vivek
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi Vivek,

Welcome to Team Fiat !!

How much of your running is going to be in the hill areas ? Punto 1.2 is a very able car and I don't see any reason why it should not be able to handle hilly areas. There are a few 1.2 owners on this forum and I am sure they will respond to your query.

I don't know if this is what you are looking at : but if you talk about petrol vs. diesel in hilly terrain : from my experience I find the diesel better just because I find the diesel more relaxed. The problem comes when you get stuck behind someone. That is where the petrol finds it wayyy easier to pull out and overtake.

My reference for comparison here is the Ritz Petrol vs Punto MJD. I have not driven the Punto Petrol in hilly areas.

Finally : forget the engine : if you are looking for a car in the hill areas : you won't find a better option (in the hatchback segment) than the Punto (irrespective of the engine : petrol or diesel)

Why do I say so ? For the kind of roads you are talking about : you need good ride quality, handling and maneuverability. And NO other hatchback comes even close to the Punto when you talk about the above issues.

Final point : if you are going for the Emotion : consider upgrading to alloys and 195/60/R15's. You won't regret it :)
  3. treevivek

treevivek

Bangalore
    Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I live in Bangalore and love traveling in hills and may be once in 4 months i will plan and go with family. I love to hear some of voices from Punto 1.2 owners.
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go with the PUnto without looking back... Its worth every penny u pay.. Trust me...
  5. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I second Andy .....really it is worth...I was also in confusion but after TD every thing got clear...Hail Punto!! :dance
  6. And who knows your confusion better than me :mrgreen: . But finally the TD made all the difference :clap

Have you TDed the 1.2 Punto. I can easily say its much much better than the 1.2 FIGO. I remember me and Gmittal going for the 1.2 FIGO TD and its was a waste just pure waste.
  7. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I would say my wagon R is much better than figo petrol in terms of pick up and smoothness.
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    While the Punto is indeed a very stable and sure footed car on all terrains, is the 1.2 really going to be that easy to scamper up the hills? That is my question? Of course, you have to look at things in relation to other 1.2L cars. If you are a sedate driver then I guess the 1.2 is par for the course even for going up steep hills.

I am not sure of your budget but can you stretch to the Punto 1.4?
  9. Looking at Ratan's 1.2, the way he blazes it on the Mumbai-Pune Expressway & in Lonavla, 1.2 can scale any motorable ghats easily.

By the way where are the 1.2 owners? :anyone
  10. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    HI Vivek
    I own GP 1.2 Active for last 8+ months & 6800+km.

Let me be frank - I learned driving last year and this is obviously my first car. Its really unbelievable that I have not even TD it myself before finalising. Right from the begining I fall in love with the beauty. :)

Now about the ability to pull in the hilly areas. I would say it's bit 'lazy' in term of going up the hill with all the passengers and AC on. Obviously it took some time for me to adjust with the behaviour of my GP.

Go for it buddy.