1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

NEED: FIAT Linea OEM 16" alloys

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by kedarbendre, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Theblack but how to convince them that I owned a car in UK. They will ask some details.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Not needed.. Just produce a bill that is dated old, like 4-5months old ..
    There is another way you can bring the alloys as is. Just buy it and ask for a bill that is anything less than 25k (mind you the billed amount after conversion should be less than 25k).
    For further details on what all are allowed please look at the URL i pasted earlier.

I bought a plasma worth "considerable amount" (in indian rs) and other electronic stuff and payed customs of just 7K ;-)
    2 people like this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Does this under-invoicing thing work abroad as well, as we can do here ?? and does it matter even if it exceeds our baggage limit by big margin?
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Can someone please let me know the appropriate weight of 17" alloy with and without tires.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Not as easy as in india but definitely possible if you keep visiting a stores and give them the assurance that you will buy something credible from them.
    This is tough as the weight depends on the design ,the complexity of alloys and alloy composition .

A few pointers.
    1.) Different airlines offer different weight restrictions on baggage , choose the one which gives you the most (Emirates, BA all offer great deals if your a frequent flyer)
    2.) Indian customs also have different rules on how much you can and cannot bring back to india depending on the duration of your stay abroad.(Go through the URL i pasted earlier).

Just do a bit of ground work on all these things and you will not regret the time you've spent ( You WILL find many loop holes in the law and you can contest)

FINAL NOTE::
    Even if you don't want to go through all these hassles and even with "ABSOLUTE" custom duties levied on your alloys it will still be way way cheaper than getting it in india.
    My only point is , since you are already in a great place to buy variety of stuff , dont miss the opportunity to do so.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Correct technical upgrade will be 16" alloys with 205/55/R16 tyres. No fuss no issues.
    1 person likes this.
  7. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    This would probably be my next set-up. BTW, can I go for 215/55/R16? Hope I would find some nice 16" alloy models in Hyderabad.
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I Dont think the 16 alloys will be a best bet in the Punto. Please take into consideration about the turn to turn clearance and the current alloys offset before putting in money on the alloys.
    1 person likes this.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    @nkrishnap: One of our members, Nimish is running his GP 90HP oops 110HP on 17 inchers with 215/45/R17 tyres and he never had the above said issues.
    1 person likes this.
  10. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

Pune
    Kedar when r u coming back.....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.