1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

NEED: FIAT Linea OEM 16" alloys

Discussion in 'TFI Classifieds' started by kedarbendre, Sep 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varun pandit

varun pandit Amatore

dehradun
    don't u feel that 55 height would spoil the ride quality?seen u'r chandigarh meet pics,u ppl must have enjoyed a lot?
    :cool:
    1 person likes this.
  2. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Varun my first preference is to buy alloys from fellow member and if. Not then Kava.
  4. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    IMHO , the T JET alloys will not look good on a punto . Kdar , you might want to try and photoshop them on your car and see if it looks good . The alloys may look nice but on a punto they wont suit at all .
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    No Varun. 205/55R16 is the appropriate size.

205/65 or 205/60 would be having a bit too thick side walls.

205 = width of tyre in mm

55 = ratio of width to side wall. This is not simply side wall in mm.

R16 = 16"
  6. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Gautam check the link posted by varun in above post. TJET alloys will look good on Punto. I am to paint it in white. :-D
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Its best to visit KAVA in person and pick up the alloys.
    When i had inquired about the alloys (GP + alloys) he told me that if there are any small scratches while shipping i should not worry about it.I was like :shocked:shocked .
    I asked him directly as to how a brand new alloy (if it is) can have scratches and pits that too only while shipping while I've received shipments of more fragile items from other countries without a scratch. For this he didn't have any answer.
    So its best to check and then buy alloys from them.

Coming to after market alloys or NOT
    yes it is difficult to get these alloys and chances are it might be expensive as well but you do get 98PCD (Pure) . There is no problem with hub rings.. Problem arises if you want to choose spacers .
    So i'd say just give this a try if you can (Also try to source it from UK since you are already there.
    the current customs duties say that you can bring goods up to 25k so chances are you might find good options.
    Think about it.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Theblack can you please let me know more on customs duty.
  10. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Baggage Rules at a glance - CBEC

also there is further relaxation based on the amount of time you've spent abroad. This is key factor since you've been abroad for quite some time now.
    Secondly if you want to further be safe get it shipped as an asset you've already owned while you were in UK. (There is quite a lot of relaxation on this aspect as well.)

Here is what you need to do
    You should be able to convince the customs freaks that you are simply bringing alloys that you've already used for your car in UK, (That's not tough if you pull the right strings)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.