1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need expert opinion on Fiat Linea TJet New Car Clutch Problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Madhav Dabke, Jan 3, 2016.

1. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    Most probably clutch is gone... a replacement would cost close to 20K.. which is usually not covered under warranty as uneven clutch wear occurs due to clutch riding by the driver.

IF the Flywheel is damaged/defective it will be looked at buy Fiat guys and decision will be made accordingly...
  2. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I have sent my car to service station. SA is saying they are going to update software and it should solve problem. I don't understand how it is going to help? Any idea?
  3. MakeTheMove

MakeTheMove Regolare

Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    It could be related to sudden RPM issue you mentioned.

I would suggest to check with Anil Kamble from Pandit Auto (Operational in Pimpari ) before finalizing. You might have to pay them as Pandit workshop is no more authorized service station but considering the knowledge this team has about FIAT cars, it would be worth trying option IMO.
    mchanna likes this.
  4. Krishna Menon

Krishna Menon Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea T-Jet
    Hello,

I'm in a similar situation as yours regarding Clutch and FlyWheel gone in 9000 kms. Is there any solution to your problem? Did someone from Fiat inspected? Many thanks for quick response.

Thanks & regards,
    Krishna Menon.
  5. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Friends there is no reason clutch should die in such short periods.

Often tjet has cable issues, some of which get sorted on their own.

Always take multiple opinions if possible from FASS people. Ridiculous errors must be strongly informed to Fiat customer care. Email works when every customer makes time and effort to report. When problems are mounting Fiat guys personally visit and take the service centre at task.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Madhav Dabke get it checked from Anil Kamble as above mentioned or you call me we can go to another garage at Bibawewadi on weekend whenever you are free.
  7. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @Kedar, anil inspected and said doesnt seem to be problem considering difficult to simulate in 15 minutes test drive. He then referred to Skymoto. they checked and said nothing wrong. I have however insisted to record on job card that clutch has some issues so that next time it occurs, it will become easy for them to recall that I have been complaining since it was 8000 kms. young.

@krishna, if you experience the problem only when you drive bonnet to bonnet condition, try changing driving habit. do not keep car engaged in half clutch. just come off everytime, re-engage. that means your legs will start paining, but try it. it may help you to have different clutch experience.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 8, 2016 ---
    @Kedar, mostly I will see you in your office next week, you can drive my car and see if it is ok or not ok. we can then get to the doctor.
    kedarbendre likes this.
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am shifted to Kalyaninagar now.

Sent from my Che1-L04 using Tapatalk
    dadasaheb likes this.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I have faced these issues in my new Verna....and the dealer and the company refuse to buy this and give me the warranty benefits.Most of the manufacturers never acknowledge clutch issues and blame it on the driver only.

My original clutch lasted me 85000 kms as I forcibly changed it since I was going on 4000 kms trip.However my new clutch although soft but I feel it little problematic after 25000 kms.Company fitted and dealer fitted makes difference or the spare part quality or flywheel issue..I dont know.