1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need expert opinion on Fiat Linea TJet New Car Clutch Problem

Discussion in 'Engine Compartment' started by Madhav Dabke, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Hell mates,

I purchased a linea TJet Emotion in August 2015. It is now driven about 8000 Kms in last 5 months, all local drive - no long drives. However, I have been noticing when car is driven B2B for a long time (say 2 hours or so) in a traffic, it creates a problem in shifting gears, RPM shows almost 4000 to even pull the car and get it moving, there is no relation between RPM and speed etc. However, if car is cooled down for 15/20 minutes, it again behaves nice. I have taken car to fiat service station, adviser told that clutch assembly, fly wheel etc. needs to changed and will cost about Rs.70000 since it will not be covered under warranty. Is this right? would clutch needs replacement so early? Is it going to cost so high and not covered by standard warranty although it is only 5 months since i purchased it? How do I get it fixed from Fiat authorities?

My family is challenging my decision to buy a Fiat since they all were inclined towards Honda or VW or even Suzuki. I am the only one who insisted to buy Linea since i believed it is the car I must buy. With Rs. 70000 quote, I don't know how to explain if it was right to buy Fiat. More so I want to make my Fiat experience long lasting and enjoyable. My other car is 13 years, still running with no maintenance at all.

Please guide. Thank you in advance.
  2. shanvimal

shanvimal Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    no, not at all.. Ask him why they want this to be changed so early.. Even if you are a driver who does clutch driving all through due to constant Traffic jams in city, the clutch should at least come till min 20K... Who is the dealer asked this? Could you please send a note to Fiat Customer care.. I think there are folks here who can help with you some contacts from Fiat...
  3. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for your reply shanvimal. I bought this car from Pandit Auto who is no more a dealer of Fiat. I was advised by SA @ Jay Vijay in Pune.

can you also help, guide me on this behaviour of a car? no relation between RPM and actual tourque, speed or even turbo punch when it it is driven in b2b conditions, post cooling it does drive better. what could it mean?

I drive vehicle with extreme care, my other car is @ 68000 Kms and zero work done so far under the hood.
  4. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Hope you have not been riding the clutch too much, something that can happen if you aren't adjusting for the fact that the t-jet is turbocharged? It MAY be tough to persuade them to not charge you anything.

all the best

@Madhav Dabke
  5. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    @prabhjot I have driven turbo charged Opel Performance Car for a long time so i think adjusting to TJet is not a problem. All I am looking for is the view from my mates that can cluth assembly, fly wheel etc. go bad in just 8000 km? and is it not something Fiat should be covering it in warranty?
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    For the 3 years , car is in warranty, all this should be covered in warranty unless its caused by intentional abuse which can be proven.
    Write to Fiat India and check. May the final outcome be in your favor.
    prabhjot likes this.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    Fight it out. Let the Fiat Flying Doctor come and check the vehicle and give the diagnosis. Could it be an overheating clutch, as you mention that things get normal when cooled. May be the clutch material is rotten!

Abdul
  8. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Oh..what is the way to get someone Fiat to check it themselves? What is the process?
  9. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    @Madhav Dabke,

i think you have to pressure the dealer to get some one from Fiat.

thanks
  10. Madhav Dabke

Madhav Dabke Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    I have booked a service appointment with dealer. I will keep you guys posted on SA's opinion and what resolution provided. I will also need your views and support to understand what SA is saying.