1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need assistance for PDI @Chennai

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by tiaf, Oct 16, 2013.

1. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    I have booked Punto Emotion today.

I will have to do the PDI by next week.

As this is my first car buying experience, I request help on this.

I will be very grateful if someone can assist me on this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Welcome to TFI tiaf. And Congrats on Punto.

I am not sure about the availability of the Chennai members. Nevertheless, you can carry the PDI checklist downloaded from TFI and anyone should be able to do the PDI. Where did you book your car in Chennai?
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
  4. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Booked it at Ramkay.
  5. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Congratulations tiaf !!!!! Please let me know the dates i will try to help you on this. I am in Pallikarani. Even I am not an expert :)(Proud owner of 2012 Punto Emotion). I have done PDI myself with TFI's PDI list.
  6. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    I have not yet got the exact date, but it will mostly be next week. I will surely update you on this.

Appreciate your help very much on this.
  7. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Hi testdrive,

I will have to do the PDI on thursday. It would be very helpful if you can make it on Thursday @ Ramkay FIAT @ Vijayanagar Showroom.
  8. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    Hi All, finally did the PDI on friday evening at the showroom. Their stockyard is at Sithalapakkam and

-> Vehicle exterior was not cleaned. Delivery by coming Wednesday, so cleaning and fitment of accessories will happen later.
    -> ODO was at 40 KM with the H symbol
    -> verified the VIN Number and found that it is August 2013 Manufactured car, looks okay
    -> Checked working of AC,lights, all doors open close, bonet open close
    -> Checked that tyres were new (as indicated in TFI PDI checklist)
    -> Battery was a July 2013 make
    -> Checked folding of rear seats
    -> Checked operation of all 4 power windows. Was a bit surprised that rear windows would go down only halfway !
    -> Checked the spare wheel (of course it was not an alloy one and is meant to be just used as a spare)
    -> Checked the engine compartment - it looked okay - no leaks or spills anywhere - I don't know much anyways
    -> Checked seat belts
    -> Checked radio, defogger,fog lamps, adjustment of ORVM from drivers seat, voice commands etc
    -> Did not take a cd, usb stick and a camera :( Hopefully everything should be okay
    -> Had noticed this during showroom visits and also on my car - I can easily see the ground below from front bonnet top view. I was told this is normal.
    I hope during rains, water does not get in through the gaps at the bottom. Any comments on this?
    -> Is it necessary to go for under body anti rust treatment? Few colleagues advised to go for it. Sales person told vehicles already comes with anti rust treatment. Please guide on this.
    -> Was not able to check the under body for any rusts :(
    -> They don't allow to do a test drive.
    -> I want to add seat covers, any specific place in Chennai to shop for seat covers?
    -> Manuals, key codes, audio system code, battery warranty card etc was in glove box, and necessary tool kits, a plastic triangle with reflector etc were in rear bonnet.

I was able to grasp loads of information from TFI. A big thanks to all the members.
    TFI gave me enough courage to go for FIAT PUNTO, in spite of warnings from friends and relatives about going for FIAT and that too for a first car!
    I will definitely keep you all posted about delivery experience.
  9. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    Congratulations tiaf!

it is good that you booked from Ramkay and not from RDC.
  10. tiaf

tiaf Novizio

Chennai
    I had visited both Ramkay and RDC on the same day one after another. The sales experience at Ramkay was way better than at RDC.
    Though few guys said RDC quotes a lesser price, I wanted to personally check and confirm.

RDC guys have just listed the price so that

-> Ex show room price is separately shown for premium vs non premium colors, so exotic red appears lesser in price (by some 6K)
    -> Extended warranty was not included in on road price @RDC and if you go for it you need to pay additional 6K, whereas this was added to on road price @Ramkay and still you can opt out of extended warranty.
    -> RDC gave minimal accessories - if I remember correctly - just 2 - mud flaps and floor mats where as Ramkay charged 5K for some 6 basic accessories. This again is optional and you can opt out for fewer accessories.
    -> Apart from these, rest all were same. So RDC just structured their price list so that it appears to be atleast 12k cheaper.
    -> It is a well known fact that insurance for first year is free as the insurance company Future Genarali is FIAT associated. However the sales person @RDC maintained that they charge for insurance.
    -> Follow up is good in both, you give your number, and they are constantly after you.

This is the difference that I found between both. Please correct me if I am wrong if any TFI member had a different experience, this info can be useful for any one planning to book in near future.

Overall experience @Ramkay was good.

One general tip: if you really want to buy a FIAT car, just be aware of cost of recent buys, give a hint that you are ready to book immediately if they offer it for a desired price, you will really be surprised.
    Punto and Linea both are really good cars (as you all know), they are really really desperate to sell, so make the best use of it !!