1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advise - Should I take bumper to bumper add on for the new buy?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by rajks, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    I called up FG's customer care to get the b2b addon quote, they directed me to contact Bangalore branch office. I called the branch office, they said they cannot provide me the quote and I should get in touch with their representative posted at dealer's office, when I questioned them on why it can't be provided there were no straight answers instead he got my number and assured me that someone will call me... yet to receive the call even after couple of hours!!!
  2. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Hi Raj,

I took my car alongwith a friend in Oct 2012, and we both opted for b2b from FG.
    Talk to the dealer and get this hooked, this will spare you any trauma (god forbid) if you meet any accident.
    As this allows you to seek 2 b2b claims every year, which is Rs. 1000 claim charge and rest all will be borne by Insurance including 50k loss of valuables.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    THIS is news to all of us... never knew there was b2b plan with FG !! My friend took punt0 last week n we tried our best to bargain for b2b from other insurers n finally had to go with comprehensive plan from FG , and thought of going with b2b when he renews next year... can you pls tell how much was the premium for b2b and comprehensive?
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

While taking delivery of my Punto in 2011, I spoke to lot of people from FG for taking a B2B insurance, but the response I got was, FG offers B2B insurance only for luxury models costing more that 15 Lakhs. So had to settle with FG comprehensive insurance for the first year and then move on to B2B from Tata AIG from second year onward.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    So there is no choice to Opt out of the insurance from dealer and get it self (outside)? :confused
  6. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Dont remember the exact figure but I guess it was 5400 for Dynamic and 6000 for Emotion (Linea).

Cheers !!
  7. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You ll lose the free insurance that fiat is providing...which is >15k !!

Is this the diff in amount b/w comprehensive and b2b? Then it must be only around 4k for punto emotion!!
  8. riturajmnnit

riturajmnnit Amatore

Bengaluru, India
    Yes Varun, that is difference !!
  9. hssm

hssm

bangalore
    is it really 4k?? I heard it was around 7K, am i paying extra 3K.
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    This was me, when I had asked the dealer about b2b insurance I was told that FG doesnt have b2b plan. And the dealer wouldnt give the free insurance as cash discount, so I couldnt take b2b insurance from a different provider as I would lose the free insurance.
    Is it possible to upgrade from comprehensive to b2b insurance by paying this extra amount?