1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advise - Should I take bumper to bumper add on for the new buy?

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by rajks, Jan 17, 2013.

1. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    Team,

I will be soon taking the delivery of Linea and the FG insurance comes free as Fiat offer, the dealer quoted an additional price of around 5K to add bumper to bumper coverage.

I am yet to understand the jargon bumper to bumper and it will be helpful if you can let me know from your experience if its worth to spend that 5K extra to get b2b package for the new car.

Thanks,
    Raj
  2. B2B is a good option. It covers even minor things like plastic, fiber parts,mirror,glass etc etc. My friend who took a B2B from FG enjoyed that benefit when his car got a minor accident. He paid only some minimal amount of claim processing fee. Rest of the bill was payed by FG.
  3. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Bangalore
    Bumper to bumper is always good option for newer cars and is available for renewal till first 3 years of purchase. As Praveen said, right from front end to back end, everything is insured.

However, I may suggest you buying the insurance from TATA-AIG as I have my BIL who took it and had good experience/ feedback when claiming was needed. Let me clarify, I am not an agent for TATA-AIG, just that I heard good reviews from relatives and friends about it.

Also, 5K is a lot more. I guess from basic cover, bumper to bumper will be 2k-3K more. So please shop around and buying insurance outside rather than the dealer is cheaper by atleast 5K-6K, from what I heard off.
  4. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    @sandy, the FG insurance comes as a free package with the car and I don't think I will get it as free if I choose an different provider, I will check again on the cost for the b2b addon.

@sandy, @praveen, your inputs on TATA-AIG and FG b2b are really valuable, thanks much.
  5. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    i think you should avoid FG, advising on the basis of @cutyred case.
  6. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    @vivek, for the new cars Fiat gives a free insurance and hence we do not have an option to change :(

Checked with the FG rep. on the additional cost for bumper to bumper and the final price quoted by him was 6605, can you guys let me know is it worth to pay this additional price and opt for bumper to bumper insurance? Or its advisable to stick with the comprehensive insurance that comes by default with the package.

Additional query:
    I was told that if I decide not to add b2b coverage now and later on if I need to add it during second year then it is not possible, is this info correct?

Thanks,
    Raj
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That is complete trash. Just some salesman talk.

I'd vote yes for the B2B option as well. Not a bad thing to go for. Double check the price quote.
  8. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi rajks, First of all you are getting insurance from FG which is good for nothing, i suggest keep the basic option and later year change to a better one like TATA-AIG or Oriental
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  9. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    I wanted to go for Bumper-to-Bumper insurance, but the sales guy told it is not available from 1st year. I can add it from 2nd year. I got the same response from all the dealers I visited.
  10. vivekrj.dieselhead

vivekrj.dieselhead Regolare

delhi
    Then i think you don't have any option but to go for FG. Better change it next year then.