1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Advice to proceed with Dealars Service mistake

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by testdrive, Jun 22, 2015.

1. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Hi Team,

One of my friend bought Swift-VXI 2 months back from Vishnu cars (Chennai). He left his car for first service. during service they made accident,inside service yard. Front bumper left side was damaged. with-out informing him they did some patch work and handover car after few days delay. delivery after next day, he found there were some paint work done in front bumper also due to some deep dent fog light came out from its original position/slot. he revisited service area and asked about this and they agreed as there were some mistake done and they will clear those issue free of cost. After this mutual agreement, concluded as 20th-6-2015 (last saturday) this work will be completed. but still they are telling some other reasons and this work keep on delaying. Finally today they confirmed as whole front bumper will be changed and painting work will be done to match as original/actual. some sales rep told him as if the work is not perfect and he asked as to send email to higher officials of Maruthi. we have few questions on this, could anyone please help us on those.

1) What should we do in this situation? (what we currently doing is correct or not? )
    2) During their hidden service work, there are some paint bubbles are produced in area just above wheel arch. will this need to be addressed?
    3) Is it possible to identify whether changed front bumper is new or not? if yes please let me know how to identify.
    4) Will this work will be logged in car service history? will this affect cars life/sell ability?

Please help me to solve this issue.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Let me answer your queries serially:
    1) Escalate the issue to the highest authority of Maruti either through e-mails or FB page. Ensure that the issue is documented somewhere. Write an application to the workshop and get it received by them. Secondly take a few snaps of the areas which you feel are damaged and shoddily reworked. If possible meet the workshop manager or dealership owner and highlight the issues.
    2) If the paint work is not upto the mark, then you have every right to refuse the corrections done. As said in point 1, keep a few snaps handy comparing it with some brand new car of same colour and model
    3) There is no way to identify visually if the paint work is exactly same as the factory paint which I feel would not be the case in case repainted.
    4) I would suggest to log into service history. If its just the bumper which was damaged and repaired, I dont think it will affect the life of the car unless some damage to the chassis was also done and not informed/recorded.
  3. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just ask him to directly write to Maruti. They take customer complaints very seriously. No need to take to the highest level (like Fiat) :).
  5. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
  6. ca raman

ca raman Timido

WANI
    TIGER LAND T A D O B A
    Grande Punto 1.3
    you can mail @ contact@maruti.co.in
    I had few issues with my Zen earlier in 2008 and dealer didnt co-operate then I written mail and the dealer himself called me and did the required things.
  7. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    @ca raman Thank you

Today we visited their service yard. since they made a commitment as, new bumper will be replaced for their mistake by today. new bumper placed in front of us. We found color is not exact match and also Bumper paint work is not done properly. (lot of paint bobbles and minor rough areas) they said, they will do polish after fixing bumper. It will go off after polish. However we asked, what will be the solution for paint mismatch and paint bobbles. They concluded as our paint work will not match 100% as factory paint. We are not agreed with this point, and met with work manager and his boss. we asked/concluded, Continue any work if they can give 100% satisfaction. After a long discussion, they concluded as they will change following parts from new car(which has same color). front Bumper, left side fender to match/solve color issue. Seems this work need their director approval. Mostly this work will/should be completed by this Thursday. If not This issue will be escalated to Maruti by us.
    seems from the start, service manager and other manager(s) who involved in this issue fix are very polite and they agreed to make sure car delivered up to his 100% satisfaction (this also includes their false promises).

Please let me know if this change from new car is acceptable will this affect car life in long run?
  8. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Finlay they changed parts from new car without any charge. Thank you all for your input. Mods please close this Thread.