1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advice on my recent change of brake pads and disc brake

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by Rohan Desai, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Rohan Desai

Rohan Desai Timido

Hi All,

Need your inputs. Since i hadn't used by linea for around 2-3 weeks during rains (car was stagnant), during my recent drive 3 days back, felt the gear stick hard and brakes sluggish (wobbly kind of). So today i took my car to R.S. Motors with an intention to get the gear stick corrected and brakes cleaned. However in the afternoon i get a call and was informed that the brake pads are worn out and even the disc has too much of linings (reason given because of break pad worn out). Now in the evening when i went to collect my car, i asked for the old parts, the same were kept in the boot of my car. Once home, i decided to check the same. I am in doubt whether the brake pads and disc really needed a change ? (odometer is 21K). Attaching the pictures for reference.

Disc (Left & Right)

IMG_5704.JPG IMG_5705.JPG

Break pads (all four side view)

IMG_5707.JPG IMG_5708.JPG IMG_5709.JPG IMG_5714.JPG

Break Pads (all four front view)

IMG_5710.JPG IMG_5712.JPG IMG_5713.JPG IMG_5715.JPG

I have been charged a total of Rs. 7,182/-. Although safety comes first, but i personally wanted to know whether it was really required ? Please advice

Mod Note : Thread moved to appropriate section. Thanks for sharing the complete details.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2016
  2. rajks

rajks Amatore

Rohan, the brake pads appears to have more life left in it, if the reason quoted for change is "worn out" then I would seriously doubt it. The discs, does it feel substantially uneven when you run your fingers on it?
  3. Hammad Khan

Hammad Khan Timido

Linea 1.3
    Recently last month I changed my Disc pad and Break pad.I approached FASC near to my place he quoted me 10,500.
    Both Disc Pad : Pair 5500 + 14.5 service tax
    Break Pad : 3200 + Service Tax
    Then I planned to visit Mahendra First Choice that guy Assured me the parts will be genuine and he quoted me 5400 overall
    The best to check the failure chunk of of break disc gets ripped off and apparantly disc looks shiny.