1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

need advice on Goa trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by arian, Jul 2, 2010.

1. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Gladiator,
    Sankeshwar - Gadhinglaj - Ajara - Amboli
    Road is drivable - even I have driven on it.:D
    Sadly, I don't have the distances now.
    However look up http://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en&tab=wl
    Also, one of those road maps available in book shops will be useful to you in your trip and it will also give you the distances. Before buying one though, do look for the date of publication and try getting one that is the latest available.
    Wish you an enjoyable drive.
  2. Thanks Aanand. I am used to roads in western Maharashtra..specially in Konkan region...i havent travelled much on east side. I found your inputs very helpfull. Will update you my experience once I come back!

Cheers!
  3. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Will update you my experience once I come back!
    Now that will be delightful. I look forward to it. Happy driving.
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  4. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Gladiator,
    Tell the Karnataka Toll chaps that you will be getting of NH4 at Sankeshwar to go to Gadhinglaj.
    They may charge you less.
  5. MULTIJET

MULTIJET Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Even I am travelling from Panvel to Goa/Karwar(Karnataka) on 20th but will take Nh17(Panvel-chiplun-ratnagiri-sawantwadi-panaji-karwar).
    @Sungoa- where are located in goa. If possible can meet you as I am travelling alone with my Palio MJD.
  6. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Hello MULTIJET,
    Just a piece of information (for whatever it is worth).
    A person in Sawantwadi told me that, when going to Mumbai, he and his friends prefer to use 'the Amboli Ghat-NH 4-Expressway' route and not NH 17.
    As per his calculations (not available with me) they save about three hours by preferring the former route.
    He told me this when I happened to mention that the NH 4-Expressway route can be boring (albeit faster) when compared to NH 17 - which is also more scenic.
  7. MULTIJET

MULTIJET Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Ya thats true.But since last 15 years I am travelling on NH17, know all the twist and turns on the road. Either I can save time or money(read toll naka).Now the roads are really good then how it was to be.But on NH17 you will find more ACCIDENT PRONE SPOTS as compared to NH4.
    Thanks Aanand.
  8. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Hello Multijet,
    I wish you an enjoyable drive.

Just a query, if your permit:
    Because of many people now preferring to use NH 4 - Expressway, is it possible that the density of traffic on NH 17 has decreased?
    Request your answer based on you latest trip - as compared to your earlier trips.
  9. MULTIJET

MULTIJET Timido

Navi Mumbai
    Traffic has slightly increased than before but upto Chiplun/Ratnagiri.
    Thanks man I am enjoying my drive.
  10. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune