1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

need advice on Goa trip

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by arian, Jul 2, 2010.

1. yup i do agree ... am going to Goa for diwali and then again during Christmas. ::T
  2. nik

nik

Thane
    Went via NH4a Anmod Ghat

Departure 8-10-10 at 5:00 am Reached Ponda at 2:30 PM , time 9 hours 30 mins including 1 hour 15 mins of halts.

Crossed Pune at 6:45 am-Belgaum halt 11:00 am to 12:00 am including belgaum traffic-Further Ghat and road 150 kms total took 2 hrs and 30 mins to traverse, with some bumps, none so daunting for the GP.
  3. nik

nik

Thane
    Return Journey 11-10-10 Departure 10:30 am - Reached Thane 9:00 pm, time 10 hrs 30 mins including 1 hour 30 mins of halts and an hour lost to pune (hit katraj bypass at 6:30 pm) and mumbai traffic (from Ghansoli to Thane) though some time was gained by the Khambatki Ghat bypass tunnel.

Tips for the route: Avoid peak hour traffic by leaving early for Goa. On return, time journey a bit late to reach Pune by 8:30 pm as bypass traffic wanes. Anmod Ghat could be lonely so best to leave Goa a bit late, as further section is only expressway.

Sorry about pictures, as camera is still in Goa for study project, and will post if any are worth it.
  4. nik

nik

Thane
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Nikhil,

Why don;t you post a proper travelogue? Where did you stay? places visted etc
  6. aditya

aditya Timido

Pune
    [Just to update on the road condition since this is a relevant thread]
    I traveled on the route from Nipani - Sankeshwar - Amboli - Panjim on Nov 6th. The route from Sankeshwar to Amboli was good. I didn't feel much bumps in the GP. However, I did a mistake to go from Amboli to Panjim via a shortcut (left turn just after the Amboli Ghat ends, about 14Km before Sawantwadi). It's a single road and was in extremely bad condition, had to crawl at speeds of 10kmph.
  7. Help me deciding way to Goa from Mumbai

Hi,

I am planning to go to Goa i.e. madgaon-salcette next week i.e. 21st May 2011. View expressed here were really helpful :p in deciding which way to go to Goa as initially i was thinking going via konkan region. Now I will be going via Kolhapur....but there is a little help i need..:confused:..whether shud i go via kolhapur-nipani-sawantwadi-panjim or via kolhapur-belgaum-anmod-ponda. I have my family and our famous GP MJD with me....guys pls help me deciding.
  8. Aanand

Aanand Amatore

Pune
    Recommend Kolhapur - Nipani - Sankeshwar - Gadhinglaj - Ajara - Amboli - Sawantwadi - Goa
    Reason - You drive on NH 4 right upto Sankeshwar - making good speed and saving time.
  9. Thanks Aanand...till sankeshwar in on NH4 :) after that on 'gadhinglaj-ajara-amboli'...how is the road? :( is it drivable? how much is distance from sankeshwar to amboli? it will be gr8 if u can share these details pls
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Kolhapur-Ambolim-Goa is the best route(Mentioned in above post by Anand). My neighbor use to take this route for Pune -Goa trip and the roads are good.