1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need Advice on Central lock System Punto 1.2 Emotion

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by santhukp, Feb 4, 2013.

1. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I dont know there is any problem with my car or dont know how to operate it.Some times My Car doors are not opening from outside(while Stoped and parked) need to open from inside.There is a button in Driver side door for the Central Lock(I guess its for the Central lock :confused:).Please help me how to operate it...:confused:
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm afraid i could not get the gist of the post.

Are you :

1. Unable to open locked doors with your key / remote ?

2. Unable to open door by the door handle?
  3. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think you are referring to the door opening lever. It is a two-step mechanism. Once central locking is active, when you pull the lever, it has two steps. In the first step, it opens the central locking system, and then the door. Once you open the central locking mechanism, door can be opened from outside. This feature is there on driver side as well as passenger side doors.

For activating central locking from inside, after closing all the doors, just press the lever, you can hear the locking sound, and all doors are locked. The sound is the same that hear when you cross 20kmph(auto-close).
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  4. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    Is it the lever that you are talking about? There is no such button for opening the door.
  5. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    I am able to open the door with Key(remote key provided by the fiat).
    Once i enter inside and when others try opening any other doors from outside ,it not opening and i have to open that door from inside.

Attached the picture of buttons i am talking of...(In between power window button).I think it is for the central lock (not sure .sorry for my ignorance)

download.jpg
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    In between Power windows button, the switch is to activate or de-activate the rear power window, from rear door.
    There is no link with this button with central locking.

Once car is locked, it will not open from outside, only from inside you can open. This is how central lock works.
    1 person likes this.
  7. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Thanks Ravi...Not getting enough time to read the manuals...:eek:
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Santhukp,

Imagine ur car is locked. You open your car with remote. Now, are you able to open all the doors from outside or only driverside door?

Once you stop and park your car, when you open the driver side door all other doors must be unlocked automatically

tasting the Italian delight!
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2013