1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advice on buying Used 1.2 Palio NV 2007

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by reggaerahul, Jun 6, 2011.

1. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Cars come and go, but Palio is one car that will remain the BEST, the one thing I hated is the hard clutch.

I miss the steering feedback and the very neat simple interiors of Palio in my Linea.

I sold my Palio 1.2 for 1.7 Lakhs which clocked 36K and I had only tyre replacement done @ 33K.

Regarding spare parts, there is no problem at all. Just find a local mechanic and he will source the parts for you.

If you intend to buy a Palio, you should look for 1.3 MJD.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2011
  2. Recently i booked Palio Stile SDX MJD 1.3 New Date Code. I noticed that Palio 1.3 MDJ have good resell value as compare to Petrol Version.

check this link

I thought better to buy new.
  3. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Thanks to all for the valuable information.

I am very much tempted to buy the Palio MJD over the petrol one mainly because
    + Its a diesel
    + I really liked the feel of the engine
    + the car is maintained by someone who knows enough about Fiat
    + its the latest version 2008 stile compared to 1.2 NV. I assume the support for this during servicing would be better..
    + This is individual maintained car with 30k Kms done , I guess this is preferred over 29K kms Petrol thats @ the dealers place.

The things I am concerned about :
    - Current owner is the 2nd owner of the car, So I would be the third owner, So ideally I don't know if I should expect any cost when I try to sell it. Also, could anyone tell how much more depreciation occurs when it goes to third owner ?
    - The car has some dents on the outside, What would be the cost to fix that, the owner says this can be fixed under the insurance.
    - There are upsize tyres fitted on it with the original rims. Will need to check for how long those will go..

Overall the price I am willing to pay would be between 2~2.5. But since its a second owner car, What do you think is a correct price ?
  4. Generally Diesel Cars buyer knows that they will use more, so if the current owner have 2nd number, than there might be chance of adjustment of meter reading. so decide on car condition, not on meter reading.
    Any way if the seller ready to give you at 2 L, i think the deal is good.

All the best.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Anything below 2.3 Lacs seems to be a good deal for the Stile MJD. How major are those dents?

Gurjinder.
  6. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Well, bad luck.

1. The 1.2 dealer said he is not able to get the car papers yet and he himself advised me to not buy it saying it had some damage.

2. The MJD 1.3 owner is not willing to come below 2.5

So thats it I guess. I need to kick off the searching process all over again.

Thanks for your responses.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    You will get te good one, Just find out you will get it, as the owner will not sell it soon because once you take a fiat its hard to let it off,
    If you find some do thorough checkup of the engine the meter reading can be tampered with.
    My cousin exchanged his 2003 palio 1.2 for ANHC for 70K, run 18000 Kms.
    Good Luck to you.
  8. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Yeah the search will be going on.
    One question were there any Palio 1.2 Sold in 2008 ? I came across this other palio 1.2 @ TATA/Fiat dealer which has done 19k KMs, He claims it to be from 2008 , Is that possible ? May be they started selling Stile from mid 2008 ? Don't know..