1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advice on buying Used 1.2 Palio NV 2007

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by reggaerahul, Jun 6, 2011.

1. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    Hi,

I am planning to buy an used Palio 1.2.

The car I am currently considering has clocked 29,000. From 2007. Interiors are in good condition, no damage dents outside. The price he is asking is around 1.7 Lakhs, (could come down to 1.6)

I tried the test ride and was really impressed with the build quality, handling, compared to others in that segment. However I am bit worried about the availability of spares, servicing etc. Most of the reviews online claim poor servicing from Tata motors.

I am based in Pune. I would love to know if you know of any good mechanic/garage/dealer which can evaluate the car and tell me if its in good condition. I am willing to spend some time and money in investigation before finalizing.

Overall do you think its a good deal ? I am not expecting any resale after purchase.

Thanks and Regards
    Rahul Rege
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    The max you should pay for it is Rs 1.1-1.2 Lakh, considering the fact that it has only run 29,000 kms.

Palio 1.2 does not command so high a value.

Gurjinder.
  3. Navdeep

Navdeep

New Delhi
    You can check with the guy named Ravi @ Amarpali motors, besides Amarpali petrol pump, Bibvewadi. He used to look after my Palio D while I was in Pune.

Regarding availability of parts I did not face any problems when I was in Pune.
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    From whatever little knowledge I have about Palio's : parts can be sourced from market. (Kava Automobiles, Mumbai)

You can get your car checked from B U Bhandari Wakad Service Station or from Tune Up Plus, Baner.

I am sorry - but I am not too sure about the resale value of Palio's. PM TFI Member neoonwheels. He had a Palio 1.2 which he sold and got a Punto. Maybe he can help.
  5. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    1.6 is too high mate... bring it down to 1 Lakh approx...
  6. reggaerahul

reggaerahul Novizio

Pune, Maharashtra
    @sid_10000 : 1 Lakh ??!!?? Really ?? I can ask. Is this primarily to take the advantage of the fact that Palio's resale value is very less OR under the assumption that a 2007 Palio won't be worth/usable that much today. I am confused.

@Amogh : I am not so worried about the minor issues that occur for every servicing. Hypothetically that would be the case for most of the cars that are out of production for sometime. I am concerned more about the overall reliability. It should not happen that I spend more time searching a good mechanic / spares than actually enjoy driving the car, or the car breaks down every now and then and it becomes really frustrating in the end. My daily running would be close to 28~30 Kms (Mixed city + highway), Considering the best case scenario where he has not tampered with odo, the current reading is 29K Kms. I will be planning to keep it for next 2-3 years at least. I really do not expect any resale after that. Considering the pros of Fiat Palio : Build quality, comfort, riding, handling , do you think its worth going for it ?

@Navdeep : Thanks I will try to give him a call.

Also, the dealer claims that this car is from 2008. According to me 1.2 NV was discontinued in 2007, Could this be early 2008. Didn't get a chance to check out all the papers yet.

One more question : I was looking at this another Palio MJD SDX 1.3 , 2008 Stile. 30KKm done. What should be its evaluation according to you guys ?
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Depending on the condition, the Palio MJD SDX 1.3 from mid 2008 could cost anywhere between 2.5 and 3.2 lakhs.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Go for the Stile, its the latest avatar of Palio and will be happy with the spares availability also....
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Tony bhai, underneath the slightly changed exterior is the same old Palio underpinning. So, spares will not be a problem with the older model too.

The only question is whether reggaerahul wants to buy diesel or petrol?

I would go for the Stile MJD for the proven reliability of Palio platform + proven Multijet engine. Petrol prices are touching the International Space Station these days. :p

Gurjinder.
  10. reggaerahul:- as every one told you whats best, i would let you know that if the Palio have hard clutch you will be killed driving in bumper to bumper traffic. no alternative of this as i was a victim of the same. And after driving the car almost 21 months, booked Punto 1.3 Multijet.