1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advice on buying punto 1.4 petrol EPk!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by D-Punter, Jan 10, 2012.

1. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @Paddleshifter
    yeah i know I was bit over concerned.. :p The break up for the car cost in gurgaon is already been mentioned by you..i was getting around 6.56 lacs onroad without discounts

While now after discounts I'm getting it 5.53 lacs on road including 2 years, 45000 Kms warranty & RSA, while I can avail extended warranty if i pay them some 5000 bugs extra.
    what do you think is it a good deal or still there's scope of discounts...?
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Seems like a fair deal. There is always scope for discount ;). Ask them to include extended warranty & 4 tire replacement with this.
  3. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    uneven vibrations when touching 80km/hr in 5th gear or touching 3000 rpms idle

Hello to all..finally i got my GP EPk 1.4 last friday....!! Have done PDI as per list given in this thread and everything seems O.K...Delivery process was smooth and dealor have handed over me all the documents, mauals, accessories as commited. two things were missing
    1. key code card (forgot the actual name he took at that time :p)
    2. Music code key.. :p some thing like that.. he said he'll deliver it in 30 days...i asked him why ecactly he unable to give it to me right away but answer was not upto satsifactory level... Shoudn;t these keys should always come with the car?? is there any need of getting suspicious over it??

As I'm refining my skills on driving I didn't go beyond 80Km/hr for the first 3 days..but yesterday when i was driving i touched 80kms/hr and suddenly i felt some uneven vibrations in whole car..i know these are not through the road..even after crossing this speed vibrations stays...I stopped my car and then put it in neutral..revved it till 3000 rpms and vibrations started again.. I Know this is not common with all cars..I talked to CRM and she asked me to take it to service center and said there is no need to worry as new vehicles do sometimes get these problems but will be rectified as soon as i visit there service centre.. I need a help regarding this and possible causes of this problem..is this a result of some abuse of vehicle, accident etc.????

what should i do now..????
  4. o_O ?! It should've been 15th week.. LOL! :)
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ D-Punter First of all let me congratulate you on your new ride. Do start an ownership thread & post pics of your car. I have given my comments for your queries below

1. key code card (forgot the actual name he took at that time :p)
    This comes along with the vehicle and this is required when you need to order for a duplicate key. This is very important.

2. Music code key.. :p some thing like that.. he said he'll deliver it in 30 days...i asked him why ecactly he unable to give it to me right away but answer was not upto satsifactory level... Shoudn;t these keys should always come with the car?? is there any need of getting suspicious over it??
    This is the security code for the audio system. This is a theft proof mechanism where by if the set is stolen, no one will be able to operate it without having this security nos /code. Sometimes these fellows might have replaced someone's audio player with yours. Even for this , you are supposed to get it at the time of delivery . If you don't get it in a week, raise a complaint with FIAT.

For the vibration, just take it to another TASS & see what they got to say
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  6. Hey, Dont worry man.. Such minor things do come up.. Take it to the SC and let them have a look at it. Just keep your eye peeled at the bill for the list of changed parts, if any.. even if they do not charge you for them..

Just enjoy the ride and be happy with your new purchase!! Congratulations and welcome to the Fiat fraternity.. :)
  7. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hello to all!! Yesterday I took my car to sc..they checked and they told me that its coz of wheel mis alignment..they did alignment and still the problem is not resolved. They still nt able to figure it out. Regarding the music code key and security code key dealor is teling me that it hapens smetimes..fiat might have fopgt to provide it!!! I mean what are the chances of this crap??? I'm nw having serious doubts in what they teling me.. Can anybdy guide me regarding ths situation???
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    D-Punter just mail to Fiat Customer Care or speak to them and mark a cc to the Dealer, The TASS take Fiatians for granted,
    If the vibration is there when the car is idle whats the point of Balancing?????, just tae it to another TASS and make a point of this also in the mail to Fiat Customer Care.
    It is just a minor issue.....