1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advice on buying punto 1.4 petrol EPk!

Discussion in 'Pre sales query' started by D-Punter, Jan 10, 2012.

1. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Hi..! I'm a new member in this forum...and I'm glad that I landed on this forum after some googling for fiat punto PDI checklist today.. :D I have booked a Punto 1.4 petrol EPk from gurgaon on 30th Dec'11. After continuous follow up with dealer I got the chance to see the white punto today itself (haven't taken the delivery yet as loan is under process). Here are some details about the car:
    1. Manufactured month/year: may 2011 (EMZ)
    2. ODO reading : H 56 KMs
    3. Tires were good, tread depth is good, had those rubber spikes on them (as mentioned in PDI checklist in this forum)
    4. This dealer have stock transferred this car from some other dealer in faridabad as he was not having stock of this punto and i wont be getting year end discounts if he has to order it from the company itself.

Overall look and feel of the car was quite good..however i noticed one thing on the paint quality on the bonnet..the paint surface was not smooth and it looked like some dust particles are trapped inside the paint surface (bonnet only). Does this means that there is possibility of painted its bonnet again? or it may be manufacturers fault?

I'm in love with this car from the day I have taken test drive of this Italian hatch, this is my first car and have no prior car buying experience too...Should i buy this car as I'm concerned about the manufactured month & year? Plus the paint issue on the bonnet?

Haven't taken the TD today will be doing it tomorrow, didn't find any rust on the car as such. Full underbody inspection will be done when going to perform detailed PDI.

I really need some advice on these problems as well as how to proceed further to make my total car buying experience good. :D

---------- Post added January 10, 2012 at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was January 9, 2012 at 11:01 PM ----------

Folks please help me.!! I'm still waiting for some constructive advice..!
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2012
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    D-Punter are you sure that it wont be cleared off after a good car wash ? Before taking delivery of the car give them strict instruction that this should be removed. There is no way a common man can know that it has been repainted or not. It is a very tricky thing. All you can try out is in bright sun light check the bonnet from all sides and see if there are any imperfections, especially on the edges. You can also open up the bonnet & check for any paint over spray. But these fellows are so tricky in hiding them up. You can also have a word with the CRM & ask him to make sure that this is cleared off before delivery. You can also ask any of your friends who has been using car for long to accompany you for PDI.
  3. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @Cinju thanks for the reply...what do you think about the manufactured date i.e may'2011, is it fine to accept a car which is manufacture some 8 months back? although the ODO was showing 56 Kms with H?
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi D-Punter, it's worth it if the discounts are good. Always remember that if you buy a car manufactured in previous year(s), you have to bear higher depreciation at the start itself. e.g. buying 2011 manufactured car in 2012. BUT, if you get good discounts, you can neutralize this depreciation loss PLUS since you had to pay lesser at the time of delivery (over 2012 model), the savings further add to the counter the depreciation loss in the form of lower EMIs or higher interest etc generated on the money saved.

This was just the financial part. Otherwise, there is no harm in buying an 8 month old manufactured car if it was taken care of with certain basic rules at the dealership stockyard.

Is the paint issue you are talking about just on the bonnet or also elsewhere. Also, if possible, check the front for any repaint. (Hope you have seen the Ford Figo in the PDI checklist thread. It was damaged at the stockyard by a reckless driver.)
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    That was one question that was in my mind when I was typing the reply. How good are the discounts offered to you ? If you can stretch your budget, it is always advisable to go for a more recent model. But one good point is the warranty, extended warranty & RSA all start from the day you purchase your car. So there is no issue in getting any part replacement.. You can also ask them to change all 4 tires as it has been lying idle for 8 months just to be on the safer side. Make sure you do a good research on reading the manufacturing date of tires so that you can be sure they have replaced with new ones. Also check for any sign of rusting.
  6. My2 cents on manufacturing date of tyres .

On every tyre there will be a 4 digit number written in a rectangle . It represents the Week(first 2 digit) and year(last2 digit) of manufacture.

eg : if the number is 1511 , it means the tyre was manufactured on 15th month of year 2011 .

Ajit
  7. D-Punter

D-Punter Novizio

gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.4
    @ Paddleshifter
    I'm getting Emotion Pack 1.4 petrol at 5.53 lacs on road (gurgaon). plus he is offering me mats,mudflaps,perfume,under body anti rust coating & car cover.
    yes the paint issue is on bonnet only..every where else the paint surface is smooth as it should be..

@Cinju
    is extended warranty worth taking? they are offering it after additional 5000 rs for 1.5 lac Kms other wise they are giving for 45000Kms. thanks for the tire replacement advice will certainly ask them to get them replaced with new ones..hope they will agree with the same..!

I'm also thinking to ask them to replace the bonnet with new one..I hope they agree to the same:p

One thing i forget to mention earlier that as i put the ignition on, the language which MID was showing was Italian..i asked CA why its showing Italian as it should be in English from the company itself..he said this is normal and he will set it to English again..i might sound over concerned but is this thing Ok?
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    D-Punter, there are MyCar settings in Punto. You can Change language to 9 different ones, English, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese etc etc. :p

I would say don't go for bonnet change. Nothing fits as good as stuff fitted at the factory.

By extended warranty, we mean a 50 month extended warranty. You get 2 years warranty with FIAT cars. But they can give you a 2 years extended warranty. This used to be free earlier. Don't know about latest offers and rules.

What do you mean by 45000Km and 1.5 lacs Km? Cn you mention what warranty they are offering?

e.g. Standard company warranty of 2 years and 45000Kms. Extended warranty is 4 years or 150000Km. Something like this.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

5.53Lacs for 1.4E-Pack. Offer seems good. Epck 1.4petrol used to be priced at Rs6 lacs ex-showroom. Plus you are getting insurance, registration, road tax rebate. 5.53 on road seems to be good. How much is the total discount after considering road tax etc??

Try getting more as 2012 models are launched and they will surely be willing to sell all old stock as soon as possible.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    How much would the original price come around without the discounts ? The offerings like mats, mudflaps, perfume, underbody coating is common with most dealers. It all depends on how much cash discount you are getting. 8 month old car would get a good cash discount. It is 100% recommended to go for extended warranty . When I took delivery of my car, I got extended warranty & insurance as free . You can always bargain for that. The MID language need not be worried about. Someone might have played around with the settings.
  10. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ex-showroom price of 1.4 Punto Top variant:
    2011 model- Rs6.05 lacs
    2012 model- Rs6.55 lacs

Insurance approx Rs15k
    RSA approx 4k
    Extended warranty approx 5k

Registration n road tax in Gurgaon (haryana) for a car between 5lacs and 10 lacs is 4% of car price plus Rs1500 for registration.

On road for 2011 model is approx Rs6.55lacs going by this formula.
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012