1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advice for upgrading E+ stock Speakers

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by VikramRajput, Jan 30, 2012.

1. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    I can identify with you. But luckily, my better half enjoys EDM as much, or probably more than me. Infact, with her in car (usually 90%+ of the time), she prefers music loud. And like an obedient guy, I agree. Little does she know that I have my ulterior interests in place!
  2. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Please help in selecting speakers for Linea MJD Em PK

I own a Linea MJD em pk since 2009 sept and clocked 45K till date.
    From the day 1, I wanted to upgrade the speakers but did not do it till date !
    After reading the posts in teamfiat beacme interested for upgrade and searching for decent speakers to upgrade the stock ones.
    As I have no plan to add amp or sub basically trying for good and VFM speakers.
    Currently I am in US and there are good offers on speakers in amazon and buy.com.
    I have zeroed in on a set given below, any advice on whether the set is fine and better than the stock (expecting 30% better sound with some bass effect, as the stock spk bass is very dissapointing) would be greatly appreciated, also comment whether the prices are ok.

1.Front Doors - Power Bass S6C 6.5", 4 ohm, 35w rms, depth 2.25" - Price 40$- Inr 2K
    2.Rear Doors - Rockford Fosgate Prime R152, co axial, 5.25", 35w rms, 4 ohm - Price 40$- Inr 2K
    ( I have checked the spec of the OEM - 4ohm 20 Watts in some forum and advice that not to go for higher wattage speakers )

Total it will cost me 4K, Are this good enough for the price.
    Pics attached. any comments are welcome.

PB_S6C_6-5in_4ohm_35wt_rms_depth2-25Inch.jpg RockfordFosgate_Prime_R152_5-25inch_35w_rms_4ohm.jpg
  3. The prices are good. much better infact than here in India. The "good" speakers as noted by the forum members cost anything upwards of 4500 INR for components with matching specs.

As for the sound and its bass quality, tastes differ from person to person and what would sound great to me wont be the same for you. You can try to audition them from some local shops/malls who may have them on display or some professional installer's workshop maybe.. Sound quality will definitely be many times better than the stock ones.. If Bass is your priority then a sub is recommended any day. But i guess you stand against spoiling the interiors and wont go that way. so, maybe as well buy the ones you are getting and try your luck (since you are getting them for cheap). Both being good brands, you cant go much wrong on the selection. Just my two cents. :)

In my case, i have decided to replace the stock speakers and see if the resulting change in sound quality is to my satisfaction. if it is not, i will mull further modifications.
  4. absahu

absahu

Bangalore
    I own a Linea Emotion MJD and I am planning to change my speakers...I have more or less decided on the setup. I have 2 options i.e.
    1) Compos @ front
    Coax @ rear
    Amp driving compos/coax (4 channel), Amp driving Compos (2 channel)
    2) Compos @ front
    Subwoofer @ boot
    Amp (4channel) driving compos and subwoofer

One more query I have is that Can amplifier be connected in Linea without any hassles and major threat to warranty? Kindly help me.
  5. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    You can go with Option 1 and 2 both! This is how I would suggest:
    - Compos at front, powered by 2 channels of the amp
    - Coaxials at rear, powered directly off the HU
    - Sub powered by rear 2 channels in bridged mode of the amp.
    Trust me, a sub really adds to the setup and you should definitely consider it.

Also, have you budgeted for damping?
  6. absahu

absahu

Bangalore
    Nish damping is must I would say but if i am going for a sub is it ok if i skip the coax or can i use the existing stock ones at rear...again the same question for amp and sub will it by any chance void my warranty.
  7. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Mumbai
    You can skip rear coax if you are the only driver and there is no one in the rear. I had this kind of setup in my Getz and it served me pretty well. However, rear coax serve as fillers and it doesn't hurt to have, esp. if you can get them cheap (2-3k). Stock speakers are quite pathetic and it's best if you throw them out.

Any ICE equipment will void warranty if wires are cut. Ask you installer to use couplers/harness only.
  8. absahu

absahu

Bangalore
    Thanks for the info...I will be going to Evo @ Cambridge Layout and talk to Sathya about it...Lets see what he suggests...
  9. Torpedo

Torpedo Amatore

Bangalore
    Can you please keep this thread posted on what was recommended at Evo and what speaker setup you decided on with price? I think I am leaning towards an upgrade for my Linea as well.

Thx