1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advice for upgrading E+ stock Speakers

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by VikramRajput, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Agreed, Nishant.. But having them placed anywhere else than their original position would be a big eyesore to me.. If they fit in their intended slot, fine. if not, they are the problem.. :) anyways, i will think this through after i hear the setup with both combinations.. :)
  2. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Vikram - trust me, the stock location is so close to the midbass that it takes away the fun of listening to a component setup. So you are better off accepting an alternate location from the beginning!
  3. I see.. Well, it would break my heart to put a hole in the dash for anything. Its been two years and my car has been 100% stock condition. :)

Anyways, i appreciate your valuable feedback and advice. If i am cornered without a choice with that option, i will go for it.

I will speak to you once at length before i finalize on anything. Thank you, once again.
  4. dj.nish

dj.nish Superiore

Re - read my post buddy! You can simply stick it on the dash with a double sided tape. That's how I had done it for over 3 years in my Getz!
  5. :) Re-read it! will keep it in mind. :)
  6. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

dont worry nowdays the tweeter pods are very elegant. i have placed my tweeters near the front quarter glass slot buy using a 3m double sided tape. it creates a perfect sound stage upfront.
  7. Wow!! this opens a whole new avenue for me to explore and ponder over... Thanks Italia-Linea.. I will definitely consider this... :)

Personally i am dead against a duct tape job but if the situation demands it.. well what can i say but let it happen..

OT: why do the designations below my ID keep changing and what do they mean.. sometimes its amatore, timido, novizio, etc.. i know they are italian for amateur, novice, etc.. (dunno what timido is for.. Timid??!) but what algorithm is used to define and designate these? seem automated to me.. just wondering.. :)
  8. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3

I thought that this was a great point.

While I had a good laugh, I really think that it must become one of the major considerations during an ICE upgrade.

9. Johnny,

it IS a major consideration for me too. I have my wife at least with me whenever i drive.. so, loud music is out of question for me.. For me, volume level 8 is normal and 12 is the upper limit.. Anything above that is restricted by my home's Supreme Court (my wife).. ;)

I feel lucky she allows me to listen to EDM as she likes some of the music sometimes.. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. eyeguy

I would agree with dj.nish on the tweeter positions. dash mounted tweeter (away from the mid base...not too much though) would give a good soundstage.

The Focal integration series component set has tweeter mounts for on dash location directing the tweeters at you directly or upwards with slight angling towards the front seats. The mounting looks pretty stylish too only you have to fix it with screws onto the dash. Its just that I am touchy about anyone drilling/hammering my car.
    I had to be dragged away by the installer when they were hammering the rivets to get the OEM speakers off. He said "Doc I wont be able to watch when you operate on an eye so you dont watch my men in action either"

In my Santro I have fixed the JBL tweeters with double sided 3M tape but the damn glue keeps coming off when the car gets hot.

Having said that, everyday that I listen to my set up I realise that I dont miss components too much.