1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need advice for buying Punto Evo 90 HP or Avventura ...

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by Dinesh Kumar, Jun 24, 2015.

?

Punto Evo 90 HP or Avventura

1. Punto Evo 90 HP

21.1%
  2. Avventura

78.9%
  1. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP

Hmm, your points make sense. I didn't get to compare Avventura with P90 on bad roads back then. But I'm thankful for that, because the lighter-weight and thinner tyres of Punto 1.2 probably widened the gap and helped Avventura stand out even further for me :D

BTW, I still envy the all-black interiors of Punto Evo 90HP :)
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I guess Punto 1.2 FIRE has 195 mm of ground clearance whereas 90 hp has 185 mm, also 90 hp has beefier tyres, both in size and width. Also, 90 HP being a diesel is heavier and so even if both of them share the same suspension, there are other factors that you need to consider when comparing their suspensions ;)
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 9, 2015 ---
    @Dinesh Kumar: I drive a 90 HP that I bought 3 months ago. If you can stretch for Avvy, then Avvy it is.

1) Better city drivability, though at the cost of some mid-range punch. 90 HP is better at highways.
    2) Better seats IMO.
    3) More rugged suspensions and exteriors. 90 HP suspension is also equally good as far as ride quality is concerned, though my guess would be that 90 hp would be a wee better at corners due to lower GC, but then Avvy has anti-roll bar!!
    4) Raw looks and better road presence

Apart from this, 90 HP has better looking interiors IMO, and it can do 90-95 % of the jobs that Avvy can without taking a breath.

If on budget, 90 HP is a no-brainer.
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    Dinesh Kumar likes this.
  3. Dinesh Kumar

Dinesh Kumar Novizio

Coimbatore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    A Big thanks everyone. Voting Results: Punto - 3, Avventura - 11. But due to budget constraints and other factors, I've decided for Punto 90 hp. I'll be posting the ownership review soon. Thanks again folks.
  4. Tanay

Tanay Novizio

Bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Turbothinghy

I agree with you that the two cars should exhibit different driving dynamics, given the differences in ride-height, weight, etc. I think that while Avventura's improved suspension offers a better ride quality on bad roads than Punto (90HP or otherwise), when it comes to handling, Punto should have an edge due to lesser weight and ground-clearance.

@Dinesh Kumar

Congratulations! You can't go wrong with either car. :)
    Dinesh Kumar likes this.
  5. Dinesh Kumar

Dinesh Kumar Novizio

Coimbatore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP