1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need a used Fiat Blue&Me unit for my Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Santosh Pandey, May 19, 2015.

1. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    As of now, my father is using the Avventura most of the time, & he is satisfied with the HU & SQ, hence it is less likely that it would be available, however I will still ask him & let you know.
  2. Prashanth V

Prashanth V Timido

BANGALORE
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi @sameer, Do you still have the B&M Unit? I wanna buy a used one.
  3. Sameer Ingle

Sameer Ingle Timido

Thane, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes, i still have a used B&M unit. what is the price you are looking for ? I am looking at INR 5000/- for the unit. ( includes shipping cost within India)
  4. Prashanth V

Prashanth V Timido

BANGALORE
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi Sameer. I am okay with that price. Not sure if i am allowed to share my email id / contact number here? my email is v.prasha@gmail.com
  5. Santosh Pandey

Santosh Pandey Timido

Faridabad
    Linea 1.3
    A note to everyone who loves their Blue&Me modules - our systems go kaput because of the precarious position of the board - right next to the AC filter which causes a lot of moisture to be deposited on the PCB inside the B&M box. So what many have suggested (and what I have done on the two Fiats we have at home) is to have the B&M box wrapped in plastic from all sides and only have a slit for the wire connection.
    Now I am an engineer myself and I know that the vents are there for heat dissipation - and yet, I maintain that the small ICs on the board do not heat up as much and when the AC is running, it is any way in a very cold location. So all good there.
    Good luck to everyone searching for a B&M unit. I hope you guys find it soon :)
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 23, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 23, 2016 ---
    @Sameer Ingle would you know if your unit is a generation 1 or a generation 2? Do you remember if it had an Image ID when it was plugged in? Thanks!
    Santosh
    ssateesh and Prashanth V like this.
  6. Prashanth V

Prashanth V Timido

BANGALORE
    Grande Punto 1.2
    What's the difference between the two generations? Mine is GP 2012 model... Would the unit be different if it's from 2011 model?
  7. Santosh Pandey

Santosh Pandey Timido

Faridabad
    Linea 1.3
    It will not be different per se. In the sense that it will still fit in the same box. Only, a gen 1 will have software version up to 5.6 while gen 2 can go all the way up to 9. But for all practical purposes, they are much the same.
    Prashanth V likes this.
  8. Neil Brendon

Neil Brendon Timido

Mumbai
    Linea Classic