1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need a used Fiat Blue&Me unit for my Linea

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Santosh Pandey, May 19, 2015.

1. Santosh Pandey

Santosh Pandey Timido

Faridabad
    Linea 1.3
    Guys, Mods, Please move the thread to a right location - I wasn't sure where this belongs!

My Blue&Me unit (Linea Emotion Pack) has gone kaput and a new one costs 12k I'm told. Now I do not want an aftermarket head unit because the stock config works just fine for me.

I do understand, however, that many people have upgraded their head units etc and do not use the Blue& Me module. Would anyone in the forum be willing to part with their B&M modules, I'd be willing to make an offer - and you'd be helping out a fellow Fiat lover save some money! Please.gif

Thanks in advance :)

Sincerely,
    Santosh
    Faridabad
    varoon9999, harryaviator and C_S like this.
  2. Santosh Pandey

Santosh Pandey Timido

Faridabad
    Linea 1.3
    Help, please?
  3. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I am in mood to upgrade the OE HU of my Avventura Emotion to touch screen but not sure if it will fit to your Linea E pack.
    Just check with FASS and let me know.
  4. Santosh Pandey

Santosh Pandey Timido

Faridabad
    Linea 1.3
    Dear Tornado,

Thank you for your response. The lovely part is that I don't require the OEM HU. I need the blue and me box that sits pretty inside our glove boxes. I am pretty sure it will be a simple plug out and plug in operation.

My HU is absolutely fine. I have test driven an avventura and yours is prettier no doubt but essentially the same thing. I also think it would be a perfect fit, even if I were to swap the HU as well.

So what do you say? And thanks a lot for this :)

Santosh
  5. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    It seems I will have to sell both the b&m box & HU if I need to upgrade.
    Or is it possible to retain the B&m and sell only HU And will the retained b&m compatible with the newly installed HU? I need to find out.
    I don't want it to happen that I sell only HU and retain the B&m and endup getting a. aftermarket upgraded HU which has got something better than b&m communication system. And then OE B&M lies idle with me, neither to your use nor mine!
  6. Santosh Pandey

Santosh Pandey Timido

Faridabad
    Linea 1.3
    Tornado, this is what I will do - I will call my FASS person and find out if I can use both or just the blue and me unit from an avventura. And I will let you know.

I know for a fact that most aftermarket HUs will not work with the fiat's own blue and me system. And most HUs these days come with their own Bluetooth setup so the B&M box becomes redundant. That is the exact reason why I made a request for a used B&M box since audiophiles will almost always upgrade the stock HU and thus leaving the B&M box idle.

I will post again after I speak to the FASS person :) And again thanks for this, Tornado.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 27, 2015 ---
    Tornado, I spoke to FASS. They tell me that the B&M box is the same. But the dashboard of the avventura and the linea is different, hence, an avventura HU will fit only another avventura.

So with that I rest my case. If you go ahead with an upgrade, you must know that I am more than ready to grab the B&M box :)

Your move is next! And thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,
    Santosh
    Last edited: May 27, 2015
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Santosh,

Before you start searching for another B&M unit, try to go through this link. Maybe the unit might start working again.

http://www.teamfiat.com/threads/cleaning-blue-me-unit-started-to-work.11790/
    Tornado likes this.
  8. Santosh Pandey

Santosh Pandey Timido

Faridabad
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks, Gholur,

Yes - I have tried this. The FASS I go to is almost a friend and he spent a gooooood amount of time on trying to fix this using empirical methods such as disconnecting the battery and cleaning the unit with contacts cleaner...

It has been over two months and I have almost gotten used to of the blinking meter :-( It is the phonecalls that make me go crazy. For four years I never needed any headset of any kind and I used to finish my phonecalls almost solely while driving. No more, though...

I am not too much of an audiophile so the stock setup works for me just fine. The FASS is asking me to shell out 12k for the B&M box and I am just hoping to find something before I am forced to do that.

By the way - what a lovely car, our Linea :)

Sincerely,
    Santosh
    --- Double Post Merged, May 27, 2015, Original Post Date: May 27, 2015 ---
    Standing by!:nailbiting:
  9. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    @Santosh Pandey, there is one more thread going on where Linea 2014 Active owners are looking for the HU with USB & Aux. I will see if they can purchase my HU leaving behind the B&m kit.. I've asked them to find Me feels, Linea active doesn't come with SWC (Steering wheel controls) and b&m can only be used if the car has got them.

Your Linea is E pack, so probably a pre face-lift, hence HU & dash board might not be compatible with Avventura.
    But in the thread which I mentioned above, the cars in question are 2014 Linea active, and their dashboard design & HU design seems compatible with Avventura, so let's see.
  10. Santosh Pandey

Santosh Pandey Timido

Faridabad
    Linea 1.3
    Yes, Tornado. You're right. It is possible that the facelifted Linea might have the same dashboard as that of the avventura. So what you are saying makes sense.

Please do let me know if the B&M becomes available :) I'd be waiting. May I also request - if the B&M gets taken, please do let me know also.

Thanks again.
    Santosh
    Tornado likes this.