1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Need a Compact Sub

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by M A N U, Jul 21, 2011.

1. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    I have a JBL 1100 watt 12 inch sub in my punto.Although it gives good base , it is big in size and boot space gets very limited.I am thinking of changing to a smaller compact but effective SUB.Please suggest brands , prices and reviews .
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I guess its not the sub but the size of the box tht ur complaining about. As all the 12" subs are the same in size albeit a slight difference in magnet size. Is the size of the box according to the woofers specification. Is it a ported or sealed box.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    @Phew
    Can you please suggest a good sub within a price below 10k & which will be compact in size. So that i cant compramise with the boot space.

Is it possible to make ON/OFF operation of amp with Key ON/OFF operation. I saw 2-3 Punto which has amp & has a seperate button for ON/OFF. What we need to use for that.

Which amp you will recommend?
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2011
  4. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    It a sealed box , and yes the box size is bothering me , but if there is any shallow 12" or 8/10" sub that gives good base i would be happy with it.As per the installer the size of the box is according to the woofers specification.
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kedar
    U can look at image dybamics ctx sub the best bet below 10k, nkapoor777 can help u on its review as he has been using it and the box is also quite small. Ur sub can be switched off from ur head unit itself. Or u can simply disconnect it by detaching it from the connectors behind the box.

@manu
    Can u pl post a pic of the sub and its box. 8"/10" will be less louder than ur current one and in the end u might not lik the sound. Shallow subs wont necesorily sort ur purpose. Current only rockford and pioneer have shallow subs and both are just not impressive enough for the money. Jus try goin for a smaller box.....pl post the current size also
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Phew I dont want to keep it manual work. It should work with the Head unit on & off.

Which amp you will recommend?
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    U intend to keep the stock headunit? ??? Wht speakers are u looking at??? Wht is ur budget??? U want a single amp or want two(2/4 channel/mono) ????
    If u can tell me the complete budget u have it will b very helpful
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Sure phew.

My budget is near about Rs. 25000 including Speaker, Amp & Subwoofer. I dont want to spend more than that.

I will be getting stock speakers replaced soon first from the dealer as dealer offered me Rs. 2000 for stock speakers, I will be going for good components.

Now please suggest me good compos, subwoofer and amp which will fit in my budget.
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    @Kedarbendre- For 25k, you'll get component speakers for front, co-axial for rear, 4 channel amplifier, one subwoofer all that connected to your head-unit..The landing price inclusive of fittings here in bangalore is 22980..Hope it'll be cheaper in your place because they charge more in bangalore!
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Jinshu, can you provide some good ICE shop, I am planning to add Tha555 amp (I have one) and buy some good comps.