1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nasty Bang on the Jet

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by puchoo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Yes i shall more or less follow this process only , i have already got an assessment as well from one proper car workshop for 3000 which includes a little bit of denting as well which is actually not required. They have confirmed they can match the paint as well , its a detailing workshop. And the actual cost will be less given that denting would now not be included.
  2. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    This is almost next to impossible particularly with the sort of colour of your car.
    I would suggest you be there and check if repainting is really required.
  3. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Puchoo , sorry to see the bang. I am pretty sure your Jet will be back in top shape soon.

I wouldn't be so circumspect with the colour matching. Colour matching is computerized these days and an exact match can be obtained without too much of a problem provided the shop has the proper equipment.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  4. Racing_2012

Racing_2012 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @puchoo...i know how much it hurts to see our car like this....i had a similar scratches in my punto, but my door got escape due to 3mm protection film....Initially i painted with compaint...two week before took to FASS and they repaired it for 3500+tax. Private body shop quoted me 2800.

The work done by FASS was perfect, i would rate 10/10
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    @Puchoo

Thats a bad bang, sorry to see the Jet being damaged. One thing for sure detailers wont be of much help in restoring the original. You will have to approach either FASS or a good FNG for painting the section. I am sure even if the paint has come off, the body will be scraped. Hope the see the Jet sparkling enough soon.
  6. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    So while i was unable to take the car to any local guy this weekend i did manage to stop by and show the car at the fiat camp which was organized over the weekend at JN stadium in Delhi , most guys agreed that about 50% of the scratches would come off with just rubbing and polishing , the rest we will see post the rubbing polishing has been done. There are 1-2 which are deep and nothing short of a repaint will really clear them up

I wish COM Paint had the Linea blue available , would have helped quite a bit on covering it up