1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Nasty Bang on the Jet

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by puchoo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    So this is what happened yesterday to me :A

Looks worse than it is ( hopefully) , on running my nail across everything , in about 70% of the case its not getting stuck and thats making me hope a good rubbing and polishing sessions should take car of this to some degree - these photos are post using F1 scratch out.

No dents to the car or mechanical damage in any manner. Tyres are fine as well

Any advise welcome including reference of any good denter / painter in the Delhi area.

Damage 2 (1).jpg

Damage 3.jpg
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    I hear the painter at Metro Motors , Ambala is a GOD ! But he is available for darshan only on the 23rd of February :)

Maybe you can pay him a visit..
  3. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Try rubbing it out first,and then think of fixing the remaining scratches.
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ohh that looks so bad impact and I can imagine what you are feeling now.

I would suggest to get it painted at FASS to match the color exactly.
  5. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thats quite a drive!!

I have done all i can with F1 Scratch out , rubbed it for 3-4 times , but no more is coming off.

How much do you think it could cost at FASS and time they would take , i dont mind spending a bit to get this sorted out but it depends on how much " A bit" is and more importantly if they would want to keep the car. Maybe a new panel itself is better?
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Looking at damage,I think you need to paint rear quarter panel and rear door which will cost you around 10-12k @ FASS if I am not wrong.

You dont need to change the panel and it will cost you a bomb. Please note if you buy a new body part it comes without any paint and you need to spend some money to get it painted.
  7. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Oh my God!! Its pretty bad.
    I will also vouch for FASS so that color is matched exactly.
  8. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    Thanks for the advise folks! Will consult FASS once i have ruled out other options , i know it loos like the entire blue paint has come off and white present there instead but its actually more that there is white stuff on top of the blue paint , which is why i am hoping rubbing and polishing can take care of it to a large degree.... but if does not then FASS it is. Will need to show this to someone to get an assessment outside of FASS
  9. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    As you said earlier, a reputed detailer might be able to remove most of the damage. Get it assessed from them first. They'll be better placed to judge if painting is required or not.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  10. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    The only reason you may have to go to FASS is to match the colour in case it requires re-painting.

First visit a good paint shop in your area and maybe the white paint will go off by rubbing.
    You then need to decide whether the scratches are deep enough and requires repainting or a polish will do.