1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Mysore - Alleppey - Trivandrum - Kanyakumari - Madurai - Bangalore

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by vvk007, Jan 11, 2015.

1. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Hi,
    I am planning to cover most of the places in Southern India starting from my hometown Shimoga.

Day 1: Shimoga - Mysore - Gurvayoor - Kochi. || OR || Shimoga - Mangalore - Gurvayoor - Kochi.

Stay in Kochi.

Please suggest which route is better out of the two? Any other route with better roads is also acceptable.

Day 2: Kochi - Alleppey.

Boat stay in Alleppey till Day 3 Morning.

Please suggest a good firm to book boat stay for a family of four. (2 rooms)

Day 3: Alleppey - Trivandrum - Kanyakumari

Temple visit in Trivandrum. Leaving to Kanyakumari in the evening and stay there.

Day 4: Kanyakumari - Madurai

Please suggest some must to-dos in Kanyakumari as I have time only till evening. Leaving to Madurai in the evening and stay in Madurai.

Day 5- Madurai - Bangalore

Visit to Meenakshi Temple and leaving back to Bangalore.

What all places can be covered in this belt? How are the road conditions through out? Any other Must-see places in this region?
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    If you do not have Guruvayur in your itinerary, you can directly reach Cochin through Thrissur. Among the 2 routes, I would chose Mysore-Gundlupet-Mudumalai-Nilambur-Perinthalmanna-Pattambi-Thrissur-Cochin. Just because the route is through the awesome Bandipur and Mudumalai forests.

If you have enough time at Trivandrum, you can do Ponmudi as well. It is around 50 kms from Trivandrum. Nothing much to see there but will be scenic.

Between Trivandrum and Kanyakumari, you have Padmanabapuram Palace and Suseendhiram Temple.

You must plan to see Sunrise/Sunset at Kanyakumari. And then you have Bagavathi Amman Temple at the shore. And you can take boat ride to Vivekananda rock and Thiruvalluvar Statues.

Meenakshi Amman temple is good. If you have time and an additional day, try to do Madurai-Pillayarpatti-Thanjavur. Big temple at Thanjavur is a must see. It is one of the Heritage sites declared by the UNESCO.

You will have almost good roads through out. Only that the roads in Kerala will be crowded. And from Kanyakumari to Bangalore, it all 4 lane.
    vvk007 likes this.
  3. vvk007

vvk007 Amatore

Shimoga
    Thanks a lot ramjn.

Any idea about the Boat stay in Alleppey ?

While surfing, I came across the Vedanta Wake Up stay. Any thoughts on this ?
    http://vedantawakeup.com/
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Does Vedanta have houseboats?

Check out Cosy houseboats, Kerala houseboats, Coco houseboats.

Recently, @VahanPujari visited Alleppey. Let us also hear from him. :)
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ^^
    Actually I decided against staying in a houseboat and just did a 2 hour cruise.

You'll love the route ramjn suggested i.e. Bandipur & Madumalai forests.