1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My White Horse

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by ferobian, Jul 15, 2011.

1. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Congrats on owning a true beauty (you will see the beasty side of it soon:) )

I suggest you go for potenza g3....I changed from stock Goodyear to BS at about 40k km on my linea and just love the grip and feel of the new tyres.

All the best!

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
  2. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ferobian,

A point about your proposed tyre upgrade. 205/90s will be big tyres with a significant increase in tyre dia. If my ball park figures are correct, there will be an increase in the tyre dia by 134 mm! The tyre may not even fit. I think the correct size will be 205/55 if you are considering tyres with 205 thickness.

Second point is to check with the dealer whether fitting 205 profile tyres will affect your warranty - it might. My suggestion is to stick with 195/60s.

Regards
    Johnny
  3. srinivaschandalada

srinivaschandalada Amatore

Kakinada
    kakinada
    Grande Punto 1.3
    superb writeup bro.I understand your feelings for her.Fiat is like wine, the older it gets the better it tastes. I too cant get my eyes off my car. Wishing you many years of happy drives.
  4. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    fastlove, johnny & srinivaschandalada : Thanks guys..

Fastlove : i think m gonna stick with potenza G3 itself bro

Johnny : sorry bro it was a typo, frnd suggested a 205/60 R15 yoko (dont remebr the model number) but i think i might stick wit 195/60 itself..
  5. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Guys need your help ASAP...

Today had been to my frnds shop to chk out for tyres... He promised to take my Apollo for 2000 and should me both BD Potenza G3 and Yoko S-Drive.. my frnd sugessted me to go with the Sdrive...

Cost of Potenza G3 - 5100 (per tyre)
    Cost of SDrive - 4700 (per tyre)

M going wit the 195/60 R15 itself coz dont want to void the warranty.. so i have a few questions and wat your suggestions/help

1. Which one is the best BD Potenze or Yoko S Drive?
    2. Is the price quoted for the new BD and yoko is it the best price? (guys pls help and let me know if i can get a better price elsewher in bangalore or even in coimbatore)
    3. The price given for my Apollo (2000) is it a gud one? (its done 800kms so far)
  6. rajesh karia

rajesh karia Amatore

Mumbai
    Hi ferobain, congrats & happy mile crunching with your white horse..!!

I too swapped the tyres on my LINEA on the delivery day with Bridgestone Turanza @ 4600/-per tyre, the dealer gave me a buy back of 3500/- each fro my GY GT3. I bought the BS Turanza for its thicker sidewall as i would be riding on rough hilly roads a bit, they are also reasonably silent, just 1500kms old for now & behaving well. I have heard that Yokos & Michelin primacy LC do have soft side walls & are prone to puncture on rough roads.
  7. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Hey thanks Rajesh..
    i dont wanna go anywher near Michelin coz hav heard and read alot of bad reviews... but havnt heard or read any bad reviews about Yokos... but still confused, had initially made up my mind for BD potenza g3 but my frnd has now confused me wit the yoko sdrive.. both almost hav the same spec but my frnd said tat Yoko Sdrive perform better in wet roads than the BD Potenza G3 is wat he said... will be gettin it done on satrdy so wanna decide by then.. Potenza G3 or SDrive????????
  8. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Ordered the 3D Mats from Fast track, indiranagar, bangalore and will be getting it tomorrow... Its 4800 :eek: but guess its worth it

Also called Concorde, diary circle, bangalore to check for door sill plates, they said they hav stock so will be gettin it done tomorrow aswell.. They said the cost is 380 ;)
  9. johnny

johnny Regolare

Greater Noida
    Greater Noida
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ferobian,

In case going in for imported tyres, check the date of manufacture. There is a small rectangular box on the sidewall with four digits. They are the week & year. ie. "1611" will mean 16th week of 2011. More often than not dealers will palm off old tyres. Tyres age on the shelves unless stored in controlled environment - which is never the case.

Regards
    Johnny
  10. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    @ Johnny : Thanks for the info bro, will surely keep tat in mind and check while upgrading my tyres this saturday...

My White horse completed 1000 KMS today...
    Got her 3 gifts.. ;)
    1. 3D Floor Mats - The Mats are awesum.. just luv the fit.. :)
    2. Door Sill Plates - Luks cool ;)
    3. Mud Flaps - Too Flashy :(

The True Sai works had given local Mud Flaps, so when i went to Concorde today to get her Door Sill plates changed the Mud Flaps as well.. :) The Mud Flap luks flashy so might get her painted White so that it suits her ;)

Total damage :
    1. 3D Floor Mats - 4600 (bargained a bit with the fasttrack guy and got it for tat price, actual price 4800)
    2. Door Sill Plates - 391
    3. Mud Flaps - 480
    Total = 5471
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2011