1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

My White Horse

Discussion in 'Punto 1.3 MJD 90 HP' started by ferobian, Jul 15, 2011.

1. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Finally got time to write a review about my White Horse

Well to start off i want to even add the buying experience and all

Last year April had booked a swift but dint buy it coz it was too common and wanted sumthin different.. later on Nov 2010 say my friends 90hp but dint give it a serious thought then coz of the ASS and all that and later on Feb 2011 was the first time I test drove a 90 HP and backed off coz tot it was under powered.. And then later was confused with Figo, swift and Punto.. (dint lik the i20 so dint even test drive it).. When i test drove the Figo i dint lik it at all so it was a battle between the Swift and Punto again..

Things tat came in mind were: If i buy a swift i shld wait for 6 months (VDI with ABS) and i dont get any offers no accessories and i'll also have to spend for musci system, alloys and no sterring mount controls and no Auto AC and all.. So took about 2-3 months to come to a conclusion.. AND FINALLY DECIDED ITS THE PUNTO AND ITS GONNA BE A 90HP

It was on June 3rd i called True Sai Works, Salem asking them to send me a Quote for Punto 90hp, the person who answered said i'll have a Sales Executive call you immediately sir, i said ok and hung up.. Since m from hosur the hosur True Sai works dont sell Fait had to call Salem. The next 10 mins i got a call from Sridhar (sales executive) saying that he's coming tomorrow to hosur for a few test drives and asked me if i want to take a test drive, I said just get the quote as iv already test drove the car in Feb, he said ok sir i'll call you tomorrow morning before i could leave salem, i said ok.

It was Saturday June 4th, got a call from Sridhar at around 9am saying that he's leaving Salem and will meet me by 11:30am, i told him the place to meet he said he'll call me before 5 mins so that i can be there, i said ok and hung up.. Sridhar called me at 11:20am saying that he'll be there in 5 mins, i said i'll meet you then and hung up again. Meet Sridhar and took the quote, i asked him if he can come with the car so that i can show it to my parent, he agreed and we went home, mom n dad saw they car and asusual the first question my dad asked Sridhar was what the mileage, Sridhar said 19-20 sir, dad had a smile on his face and dad sat at the back seat to find out the leg room and all and was happy, mom asusual likd it coz it was my choice and she has never said no and once everything was done i was tempted to drive again, by my luks Sridhar was able to make out and offered me to drive, i happily took a test drive again. took the hosur NH and clocked 150 KMPH, Sridhar was looking at the speedo & Me and never said a word.. Later he asked me how was it Sir? I said would have been nice if there was bit more power. He gave me a form to fill i gave all good but average for performance, he asked me why i told him i was actually expecting more power since its 93 hp. He said sir in long drives is where she rules. I smiled and said i'll call you once checking with the bank.

BTW i requested for a Quote coz my dad banks with Canara from the last 20 years and the Manager was my dads friends and my dad once had told the manager that my son is gonna buy a car and immediately the manager said we'll give the loan. So my dad wanted me to take the loan only from his bank.

6th June Monday morning at about 10 am had been to Canara bank, Hosur.. Went and met the Manager (dad's friend) first thing he said was luk at you uv grown up and now ur gonna a buy a car??? i said yes sir.. So he asked me where i work and all blah blah blah.. I asked him how long will it take for the processing and all.. He said it'll be done by next Wednesday (15th) and then he asked me to come and submit my documents on Wednesday (8th) i said ok sir and went home... On 8th went again to the bank submitted all my docs and signed a few applications, Manager sais that he'll call me on tuesday (14th) for the final procedures and i can get the DD on 15th, i said thanks sir and left.
    14th dint get a call, so i ended up calling he said its still being processed and will call me on 16th. I said ok as i was in no hurry. Mean while i was getting calls from Sirdhar asking me to book the car, i told him i'll do it later and not now.. Got a call on 16th from the Manager saying that it wouldnt happen this week as they are going for a meeting to coimbatore and it will be done on 22nd or 23rd, I said its ok sir and said thank for calling and letting me know. (I was kinda getting impatient and was telling dad that this is the last time if it doesnt work out on 22nd or 23rd m gonna ask the dealers and go with which ever banks does it fast) Mean while Sridhar called and asked if he should ask his Loan dept guy to call, i said no thanks, he asked Sir book off the vehicle,i said no.

22nd came but no call, same with 23rd as well.. I really got impatient and on 24th went to the bank and asked the Manager if it can be done or not? he said sorry and all and said for sure it'll be done by next week. I said sir this is the last time, if its not working then m go with other options..

28th Morning got a call from the Manager at 11, he said can you come and meet me.. I said i'll be there in 15 mins and went to the bank at 11:15. The Manager welcomed me and said sorry for the delay and said its all apporved and the loan is sanctioned.. The Manager said come tomorrow with the remaining money and the cheques and also get your dad for some formaliaties. I called dad and said finally dad your bank approved the loan. Dad said good.
    I dint go on 29th as i was caught up with some other work and called the manager and told him.. he said its alright..
    30th June : before going to the bank went and paid about 10k to The True Sai works and called Sridhar and told that i've put 10k in the account, he said sir i'll book the car and block it for you so that you get the delivery by wednesday (6th July), i said ok and Went to the bank with dad and also had the remaining money and the cheques. Dad and the Manager started talking about somethings and all and later Dad asked the manager wat took so long? Manager just smiled and said Sir you know how it works.. Dad said to the manager please go ahead and do the remaining formalities before my son could blast you and me.. Manager smiled and said everything is ready sir you just have to sign.. Dad signed a few docs and left.. i stayed back and signed the remaining.. The lady who was helping me out asked if the remaining amount is in the account, i said yes and she asked if i had paid any money to book the car, i said yes.. She asked me if i have the receipt, i said i just paid them today and will be getting the receipt tomorrow. She went and spoke to the manager again and came back and said that they need the receipt so that they can raise the DD. I just controlled myself and said ok and left as i was getting late to office. Called Sridhar and asked him to send me the receipt, he said i'll do that sir and also said that he'll be sending me a few forms so that i can take seal and signature from the bank, i said thanks and left to office.
    July 1st got the courier from Sridhar only in the afternoon so i called the Manager and told him that i've got the courier and will come tomorrow and give it and asked him to keep the DD ready, he said awesome and said that he'll keep the DD ready..
    in the evening got a call from the manager The True sai works saying that the car is delivered and its the showroom... I was surprised and asked him when i just booked it yesterday how can the vehicle be delivered today and was completely confused.. He said sir we had another booking for a 90hp and both were booked on 30th and we've got the delivery of both the cars.. I was still confused and told him that i'll come for a PDI tomorrow ie July 2nd..

July 2nd went to the bank with the receipt and the other forms that Sridhar had sent.. The lady took all the forms and said can you gets the following forms from the RTO ASAP by then i'll keep the DD ready.. she gave me a list of 3 forms and asked me to get 4 each.. I left to the RTO and on the way tot its better to go to a driving school and get the forms as the driving school was close by.. went to a DS and got all the forms and rushed to the bank.. I knew at the bak of my head that its a saturday and the bank will be open only till 12:30.. i reached the bank back at 12:15 and met the lady again and gave her all the forms she said that was quick, i replied i dint go to the RTO i went and got it from driving school, she said very smart i said u gotta be ;) i asked her so is it ready? she said the Chef Manager has to sign the DD and its all done.. I asked her so now what your chef manager is not there and you want me to come on monday?? she smiled and said with a low voice your right and we are really sorry.. i got completely pissed and tot i should have never listened to my dad and should have taken the loan from a different bank... She said monday for sure, i said "what ever" and walked out.
    Called The Manager (Naresh), The true said works and told him that i cant make it today for the PDI and will let you know on monday as in when i can come.. Naresh asked me if i can make it tomorrow, i told him its a sunday is it alrit for you, he said no probs sir i'll be there or Sridhar will be there.

2nd July : 2 of my friends and Me left to Salem to take a PDI.. I called Naresh before we could leave, he said sir i'll be there just call me when you reach salem.. It was a 4 hour journey as we decided to go in the bus.. reached salem at around 2pm.. All were hunrgy but i told my friends that we'll do the PDI and then have lunch.. I had the PDI check list (thanks to all you guys who shared the link for the PDI checklist).. I called Naresh the moment v landed in salem, he said sir i'v arranged a person called Elango who will assist you as i had to leave coz my friend met with an accident, i said no probs and reached the showroom and met Elango.. Elango said sir we'll have to go to the godown, i said ok and they arranged a Tata Sumo and we left to the godown.. I was searching for my white horse and Elango pointed and asid sir there it is.. I took out the list and started checking the exteriors, my friends were helping me.. The VIN number sticker was missing, i asked Elango he said sir it could have come off while washing and said sorry, then later Saw THE TRUE SAI WORKS sticker stuck above the Fiat logo at the back.. i got wild and asked Elango whom did u ask before sticking the sticker? he said sir its commmon and while unloading and PDI is done by us they stick it.. Later i asked him for the key so that i can check the interiors, he said sorry sir the person who has the main door key has left to coimbatore.. I got really angry and called Naresh and asked him y did u ask me to come for a PDI when there is no key? i asked him about the VIN sticker and the True sai works sticker.. he said sir m extremely sorry and about the VIN sticker i'll take a snap from the boot and will send and i'll ask guys to take out the true sai works sticker and i'll not do any changes till you come and do a PDI... Meanwhile Elango tried his best to check for a spare key to open the main door but nothing helped... I got pissed and said m leaving, Elango asked sir did you have lunch, i said "r u gonna buy lunch as a compensation?" he said no sir if you can have luhch by then i'll check for the keys in the showroom.. i said no ways m leaving, he said sir please and he dropped us in a good hotel and left and said i'll call you in 10-15 mins sir... Friends and me had lunch and Elango came running to the hotel, i saw him and was a bit happy and he came to me and said sorry sir i was not able to find.. i said not ur fault and asked him to join for lunch, he said sir i came to office today just for you leaving my sisters wedding, i said thanks and he left.. called Naresh again after lunch and told him that if this is the service that m gonna get i'll cancel the booking and book the car in Concorde Bangalore, he said sorry and will make sure nothing goes wrong the next time.. we left Salem and reached hosur by 10pm

July 4th - got a call from the lady in the bank saying that the chef manager is on leave for 2 days and he'll be back only on 6th.. I asked her r u guys playing? she said no sir and sorry.. i said if its not happening on 6th m gonna go with another bank..

July 6th - The same lady called me at about 10:30am and said the chef manager is here and the DD is ready so you can come and collect it.. I asked her really? (Sarcastically) she smiled and said YES... I went to the bank by 11am.. the DD and the forms that Sridhar had sent were all ready... i signed a few papers and took the forms and the DD and left... Called Sridhar and said i'll courier the DD & Forms so that he can get it by tomorrow and i can get the delivery of the car by firday (8th) he happily said sure sir

July 7th - Sridhar called at about 11 and said sir we received the courier and can you let me know what all accessories you want so that we can keep the car ready.. I said DO NOT ADD ANYTHING UNTIL I COME.. he said ok sir i'll wait.. he said sir i'll not be there tomorrow as i'll have to go to some mela, so Naresh will be here to help you..
    I called naresh in the evening and said that i'll be leaving in the train in the morning and will reach there by 10 ish.. he said no probs sir..

July 8th - The train was at 7:30am but i over slept since i came back from my home only by 4 after work even mom forgot to wake me up.. so left home at 7:35am rushed to the railway station and luckily the train was last by 30 mins :).. Reached salem at 10:45am and reached The showroom at 11am.. Went and met Naresh and he said sir lets go see the car first.. I wend and did a complete PDI (had the PDI check list with me) Naresh did have the invoice of 2 cars mine and the TW 90hp which were ordered on the same day.. I checked the VIN and confirmed that it was manufactured on April 2011 and the other one was also the same.. so was kinda happy there.. he then took me to the accessories show and asked me what all i need.. I said only Mud flaps, Floor mats and Sun Film.. I opted for the 3M CS5.. he said car will be going in for registration by 1 so we'll try to get it done before it leaves to the RTO, i said no probs.. They fixed the mud flaps and put the floor mats and said that we'll fix the sun film once its back from RTO.. I said i want the car by 4-5pm as my parents, sis and nephew are coming.. Naresh promised it'll be done by then.. Car went to the RTO and was back by 2:30pm.. The sun film guys started there work, i checked with them and they said that they are contract workers and they work for 3M directly, was kinda happy.. Mean while i tired to check for other accessories, checked Map My India but felt it was over priced and also checked for the Auto window winder as i say a few Xenos products in the showcase, they said its not available.. it was 4pm i went and kinda inspected again, the sun film work was still going on.. 5pm Naresh came and said sir sign off all the docs before ur parents could come so that u can take the delivery and leave when they come in.. As i was signing the docs my parents, sis and nephew arrived.. i signed and collected all the manuals and all.. i asked my family to wait so that i can have a final check and come.. went and checked, my white horse was all in place and the delivery manager asked me if i want ribbons, i said yes with a smile and said Red ones please and he also put a garland, i said NOOOOOOOOOO and said m a christian so we normally dont use garlands on the car.. he said sorry.. he then asked me can i stick the REGISTERED Sticker, i smiled and said its ok and he did point out the boot door and said we removed the true sai works sticker.. i smiled.. Ran towards my family and asked them to come and took them towards my white horse.. by then the delivery manager had made a bow with the ribbon and placed it in the middle on the bonnet.. My White horse was luking gorgeous.. I smiled and said thanks a lot sir.. he said no probs... Dad took the keys and gave it to my nephew and he gave me the keys and dad prayed and we left from the show room at 6pm...

Will continue the driver back home later... it was a 200kms drive.. wat a way to kick things off ;)
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great start ferobian. Please continue, and do click and share some nice pictures.
  3. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Thanks Ravi Sir... I sure will add some pics that iv clicked...
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Ferobian nice write however I am unable view the pics.
  5. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Hey thanks kedar.. will reload the pics..
  6. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Well m not able to upload the pics.. but will do it later...

So continuing my first drive... Salem - Hosur

We stopped at a hotel on the Highway and had a early dinner at 6:30... Left the hotel at 7pm..

Dad dint want to drive so it was only me and was all excited.. Naresh told me to keep it under 100kmph till the first service but i decided her to keep her under 80kmph.. we were crusing at 80kmpl.. Stopped at A2A to have coffee and then later stopped before krishnagiri to buy mangoes (there were selling mangoes at 9pm).. i was luvin every sec behind the wheels.. reached home at about 10pm and was standing and starring at her till 11:30pm.. i jst luv her from every angle..

July 9th : Took her to the church and got her blessed.. And later went on a drive to Mcdonalds which is about 25kms frm hosur with friends.. every1 luvd her.. Got back to hosur and took her to my friend's garage to check out for New tyres and also wanted to give her a bath as she was a bit dirty coz of the night rain..

I asked him for Bridgestone Potenza G3 he said tak the Yoko and i'll give you a gud deal.. i said i'll think about it and get back..

Have done about 600 kms and m luving her more and more everyday..

Had issues with the sun film where there were air bubbles called the dealer they have promised to replace it.. :(

Upgrades planned:- (Suggestions welcome)

1. Tyres : Stock came with Apollo so want to give them off and confused between BS Potenza G3 or Yoko, frnd said go for the 205/90 R15 and it will not affect..
    2. Door sil plates
    3. Auto Window winder
    4. Floor Mats : Saw the 3D mats so will go wit it i think
    5. Audio system : dont want to spoil the Blue & Me, so will be going to Kit up Coimbatore in a few days to check with them.. (the owner of Kit up is my cousins frnd so goin ther)
    6. Windshield Sunfilm
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Awesome write up :)
    Have a great time with your new love ..
    Enjoy
  8. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Nice write-up! Congrats on your new car! Punto is a classy car! :)
    Cheers,
    Jishnu
  9. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Viny & Jishnu thanks a lot bro.. I bet its a classy car no doubts wat so ever :)
  10. ferobian

ferobian Amatore

Hosur
    Upgrades planned:- (Suggestions welcome)

1. Tyres : Stock came with Apollo so want to give them off and confused between BS Potenza G3 or Yoko, frnd said go for the 205/90 R15 yoko and it will not affect..
    2. Door sil plates
    3. Auto Window winder
    4. Floor Mats : Saw the 3D mats so will go wit it i think
    5. Audio system : dont want to spoil the Blue & Me, so will be going to Kit up Coimbatore in a few days to check with them.. (the owner of Kit up is my cousins frnd so goin ther)
    6. Windshield Sunfilm
    7. Leather seats : wanna go wit Stanley.. guys please let me know any contacts in bangalore and the cost